Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping someone can help me find the field in the digital wrench to change the idle time. I found it in the past and changed my idle shut off from 2 mins to 5 mins. Just means my stage 3 bike won't shut off before reaching the 140 F temp mark. Before changing this, the bike would not idle more than 120 secs if not at running temp. I cannot remember where this field is located. Anyone have a screen shot or know where it is?

·
Bronze member
2,711 Posts
Hoping someone can help me find the field in the digital wrench to change the idle time. I found it in the past and changed my idle shut off from 2 mins to 5 mins. Just means my stage 3 bike won't shut off before reaching the 140 F temp mark. Before changing this, the bike would not idle more than 120 secs if not at running temp. I cannot remember where this field is located. Anyone have a screen shot or know where it is?
Are you an IM tech?

·
Founding member
2,213 Posts
The Digital Wrench files are freely available on the web from Indian; however, I believe they are compiled executable files and require the Digital Wrench system to run them. Indian considers the system proprietary and likely maintains a method of control over it (requiring a periodic key code to keep the license). Just because you can get the frequently updated Digital Wrench file (which includes all Polaris off-road and Indian bike updates) doesn't mean you can "do-it-yourself" updates.

Chief: Care to share how you obtained the system? Or, with only 4 posts, are you just fishing?

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Unless he is talking about the tables used for the PVCX.

·
Bronze member
3,102 Posts
Polaris has got their DW system locked down pretty good.I know this cause,shortly after purchasing this machine, I too tried to get into it since I do all my own work,but needed Polaris' express permission to do so and or,ya have to be a dealer.And special test equipment is required.So,since I'm not a dealer,all bets are off.But I suspect there are things you can do,but those things are limited.All my other bikes used OBDII,like the automotive world uses,but not Polaris!! GRRRRRRRRR!! :rolleyes: Dave!!!

·
Silver member
4,936 Posts
Polaris has got their DW system locked down pretty good.I know this cause,shortly after purchasing this machine, I too tried to get into it since I do all my own work,but needed Polaris' express permission to do so and or,ya have to be a dealer.And special test equipment is required.So,since I'm not a dealer,all bets are off.But I suspect there are things you can do,but those things are limited.All my other bikes used OBDII,like the automotive world uses,but not Polaris!! GRRRRRRRRR!! :rolleyes: Dave!!!
It's how I/P keeps their $control$

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No, I am not just fishing. I currently own 4 Indians (2- 2000 Gilroy's, 1 with a sidecar, a '47, and a 2014 with a custom stage 3 kit at 105 hp). I have access to the Digital Wrench thru a friend who owns a bike shop. He and I were having this conversation the other day where I explained how we fixed my idle issue. I think Kitulu hit the nail on the head. This is a field in the PCVX! Thanks. Now, if I can find this field again.

Sorry for my delay as I am in the middle of moving and prepping my house for sale.

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
Every once in a blue moon a system will become available. Typically cannot be used or updated without a programming hack. The real answer is that the tool is impractical without the associated dealership licensing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dieselgman, totally understand. It takes a license key to get into this thing. My buddy has done R&D work for the mother ship and has the correct/legal means to enter. When upgrading my bike with dealer purchased items, we pay for the access each time as per the EULA in the Digital Wrench. There is no associated programming hacks. I realized I am looking for the idle field in the PCVX that times out at 2 mins (OEM setting) that when changed, will allow a radical stage 3 bike to idle until reaching the required temp of 140F. Without the time change, you get either a front cylinder or rear cylinder misfire code and the bike shuts down (will easily restart). This change will let a cool bike continue to idle (not a problem during the summer months).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dr.Shifty, do you have the notes/ can you share the notes that go along with the "Fueling Warm Up Factor" ?

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
Sorry, Chief, that was a new area for me. I didn't even know there was a time limit on cold starts until reading your post. I went looking through the menu structure and was guessing that's what you were looking for when I posted that screenshot.

@CraigB1960 is the man for this. Or an email to FuelMoto, they get a lot of positive comments about customer service.

·
Silver member
4,673 Posts
Dieselgman, totally understand. It takes a license key to get into this thing. My buddy has done R&D work for the mother ship and has the correct/legal means to enter. When upgrading my bike with dealer purchased items, we pay for the access each time as per the EULA in the Digital Wrench. There is no associated programming hacks. I realized I am looking for the idle field in the PCVX that times out at 2 mins (OEM setting) that when changed, will allow a radical stage 3 bike to idle until reaching the required temp of 140F. Without the time change, you get either a front cylinder or rear cylinder misfire code and the bike shuts down (will easily restart). This change will let a cool bike continue to idle (not a problem during the summer months).
I would change this table to give the bike time to stabilize on idle. I usually set this to 2 minutes. Stock is 5 seconds.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts