Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
flying down the road trying to loosen my load.
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been enjoying the Digital Dawg Wireless Ignition System on my 2015 Indian Scout for 2 months.
To Date it's flawless!
Motorcycle Keyless Ignition
Installation method can be viewed at:

The photo shows I removed the key cylinder completely I inserted a Project Scout Challenge Coin in it's place.
Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Auto part Engine

If there is any draw back to this system - I am only aware of one... if you start your bike with the fob nearby and drive off leaving at home, Your motorcycle will keep running and get you wherever your going. However, when you shut the bike off your going it will not start without it. o_O

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts
However, when you shut the bike off your going it will not start without it. o_O
That is a pretty LARGE draw back! :eek::)
Treat your fob the same way you treat your American Express card.... "Don't leave home without it!"

·
Founding Member / Distinguished
4,756 Posts
I'm surprised you cant get factory security on the Scout Models ?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts
Your motorcycle will keep running and get you wherever your going. However, when you shut the bike off your going it will not start without it.
Just out of curiosity, how much inconvenience did this cause you to find out? ;):(

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2019 Roadmaster matte black and gray
3,166 Posts
I have been enjoying the Digital Dawg Wireless Ignition System on my 2015 Indian Scout for 2 months.
To Date it's flawless!

The photo shows I removed the key cylinder completely I inserted a Project Scout Challenge Coin in it's place. View attachment 404282
If there is any draw back to this system - I am only aware of one... if you start your bike with the fob nearby and drive off leaving at home, Your motorcycle will keep running and get you wherever your going. However, when you shut the bike off your going it will not start without it. o_O
I'm enjoying mine as well!

I was worried about that too, I forget stuff once in a while

I put my fob on the zipper pull on the inside of my riding jacket. With the motion signature function of the fob, I just walk up, fire up, and tear it up.

·
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is a pretty LARGE draw back! :eek::)
Treat your fob the same way you treat your American Express card.... "Don't leave home without it!"
Some of the head ache comes from having multiple motorcycles with multiple fobs - 1st world problem. It's a good way to stave off mental mold.

·
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just out of curiosity, how much inconvenience did this cause you to find out? ;):(
The cost of asking my Bride to rise up out of bed at 4:15 a.m to bring me my FOB at a nearby "w"awful house.

·
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm enjoying mine as well!

I was worried about that too, I forget stuff once in a while

I put my fob on the zipper pull on the inside of my riding jacket. With the motion signature function of the fob, I just walk up, fire up, and tear it up.
I would need a necklace that is adorned with several FOBs - hey new jewelry idea!

·
Registered
63 Posts
To Date it's flawless!

The photo shows I removed the key cylinder completely I inserted a Project Scout Challenge Coin in it's place. View attachment 404282
Thank you for posting all the info. Is the part number dgd-Kim-u? Is that all I need or do I need to order some extra harness?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts