Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am contemplating trading my 2012 Vic Cross Roads for a new Chieftan.
Other than the two tone paint option and the reported fix for the rattle in the windshield in some bikes, is there a material difference between the 2015 and 2014 models?
Thanks! (tried search)
...MDHawk

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Bet the air scoop will be available for the 14s at some point though. You sure can get some great deals on the 14s right now.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys! Appreciate the inputs.
Looks like it may boil down to whether I want red one (2014) or red/cream two tone (2015), and how much money I'm willing to spend.
AND... of course: whether I can convince my wife I need a new ride! :p
...MDHawk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Is that air cleaner the Indian/Polaris one? I saw another from...I have the page saved at home...

I have the stage 1 slip ons and I'm think about adding the upgraded air cleaner or wait and hope Lloydz makes one someday.

http://www.thundermfg.com/store/index.php?l=product_list&c=94

Found it.
Has anyone tried to install the new 2015 air duct on their chieftain. I bought one and got to a point that I can't remove a rubber gasket that's behind the throttle body throat. The throat has a machined lip on it. After you take the three screws of the enter air cleaner cover, it wants to come off. The thick rubber gasket hits the machined lip preventing it from slipping off. It came with no directions because it is a replacement part from the factory I was quoted. ?????

·
Banned
1,841 Posts
I believe there was another update in the 2015 models to help make the 1st and second shifting less clunky. I was tryuing to find an engineer at Sturgis, but always missed them, so I never did get an answer to my question of WHAT they did, and if it can be done to the 2014 models.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Other than the two tone paint option and the reported fix for the rattle in the windshield in some bikes, is there a material difference between the 2015 and 2014 models?
Thanks! (tried search)
...MDHawk
I traded my 10 Cross Roads in on a 14 Chieftain, been riding Victories for the last 13 years. My Chieftain has Lloydz exhaust and the Indian Air Cleaner with their flash. I've seen the AC duct on the 15s but as mentioned you can add it to a 14 or if you are going to upgrade the intake and exhaust more air can get around, to the rear cylinder, with a different the AC. I don't have any windshield rattle unless I go over a really rough road or cross train tracks.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Apulizzi, I had to really pull on it to get it off.I thought there must be a hiidden bolt but that wasn't the case.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I found a smokin deal on a 2014 Chieftain, very slightly used (3k miles). It already had a Corbin Dual Tour seat and backrest on it. I'm going to give my Springfield blue bike a partial update to the 2015 blue/cream two tone, electing not to go with the cream on the upper fairing. Will also get some custom pinstriping as part of the repaint, and the total repaint cost will be $1K or less. I still have the 5 yr warranty, and a bike that very closely resembles the 2015 blue/cream combo, for thousands less than a 2015 and extended warranty purchase I've added Kuryakyn Tour Tech adjustable mounts and Dually pegs to the highway bars, and will soon be adding XM (via FM connect) and Garmin Zumo 665 to the bike. Would love to add the quick remove trunk as well for long trips two up downstream...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thanks! (tried search)
...MDHawk
The computers are different. If you want to put the LED headlight on your 14, you have to put a 15 computer in it, to the tune of $ 800.00.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
The computers are different. If you want to put the LED headlight on your 14, you have to put a 15 computer in it, to the tune of $ 800.00.
Good info. Thanks much all.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
updated my Avatar. Now I really need to get serious about making the move. Going to local dealer tomorrow to take another look. I feel something drawing me in.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yep... I did, in fact, get drawn in. Bought the last '14 red Chieftan in stock in Annapolis this AM. Pretty fired up now. Too close to Christmas... may not be able to go to sleep tonight! :)

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Yep... I did, in fact, get drawn in. Bought the last '14 red Chieftan in stock in Annapolis this AM. Pretty fired up now. Too close to Christmas... may not be able to go to sleep tonight! :)
What? You have be able to sleep, If only. The wait is killing me.;)

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
The main difference for me is you can get a Blue and Ivory Chieftain in 2015, so I bought one and we all know that Blue and Ivory Indians are the Fastest

·
Registered
448 Posts
The main difference for me is you can get a Blue and Ivory Chieftain in 2015, so I bought one and we all know that Blue and Ivory Indians are the Fastest
Looking at the specs again I see that the Red Chieftains are actually the more nimble of the bunch and they also are a wee bit faster than the other colors since Indian Red is a special makeup with silverchromimunnuevomolecularteflon which we all know just slides through the wind to increase ground speed by at least 12% over any other color scheme.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts