Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very soon to be owner of Chieftan , Thinking of either Dark Horse or Limited .
Trying to decide whether to save some $$$$ with the 2019 or shell the money and get the 2020 .
Apart from the 111 and 116 , and the Chrome and Blacked out
Any other major differences I am missing ?
I am planning to get the raise bars and later on the climate seats and throttles .
Cant wait to get a good deal and get one .
Appreciate the input and direction.

·
Registered
102 Posts
The 2020 has the updated ride command with the weather overlay and AppleCarplay

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
The 2020’s also have traffic overlay as well.

With all that being said, I just purchased a 2019 myself and am very happy with it. (And saved over $5,000 off retail)

For me, saving the money and gaining the ride modes and rear cylinder deactivation was a nice step up. Also the 2019 model year will allow you to upgrade to the Power Band Audio.

Lastly, and most importantly, I wanted the valanced front fender and classic fairing and I couldn’t find what I wanted in a 2020 model.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Silver member
4,904 Posts
The 2021's have a different head design and move the exhaust to the center of the side of the jugs. Should improve the heat a bit and allow easier mods and upgrades. Downside is the aftermarket head pipes likely are not available; only the mufflers.

They also eliminated the power button for a charging port and made the rear pulley black vs. polished edges.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had the option of a new 2019 111ci, or my 2020...the 2020 Ruby smoke Darkhorse won my money!!
I debated spending $5000 less and getting the same bike, just the base grey model...but to me the extra $5000 was well worth getting what i actually wanted!!
In my opinion, when you're spending this much on something, how much of a difference is $5000 really...$20-30/month.?.? You just take the chance of "settling" on something vs what you really want! Just my 2 cents.
Good luck and get WHAT YOU WANT!!

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
The 2020 have a different head design and move the exhaust to the center of the side of the jugs. Should improve the heat a bit and allow easier mods and upgrades. Downside is the aftermarket head pipes likely are not available; only the mufflers.

They also eliminated the power button for a charging port and made the rear pulley black vs. polished edges.
Actually, I believe those changes apply to the 2021 model, not the 2020. At least I know for certain the power plug does, as well as moving the exhaust position on the cylinder head.

·
Silver member
4,904 Posts
Actually, I believe those changes apply to the 2021 model, not the 2020. At least I know for certain the power plug does, as well as moving the exhaust position on the cylinder head.

Gearset you are correct. Too many whiskies, LOL. I'll edit that post and correct it.

Reactions: Gearset807

·
Registered
147 Posts
I had the option of a new 2019 111ci, or my 2020...the 2020 Ruby smoke Darkhorse won my money!!
I debated spending $5000 less and getting the same bike, just the base grey model...but to me the extra $5000 was well worth getting what i actually wanted!!
In my opinion, when you're spending this much on something, how much of a difference is $5000 really...$20-30/month.?.? You just take the chance of "settling" on something vs what you really want! Just my 2 cents.
Good luck and get WHAT YOU WANT!!
Figure twenty dollars per thousand financed on a five year loan depending on APR

·
Registered
21 Posts
Figure twenty dollars per thousand financed on a five year loan depending on APR
I guess I'm lucky i get such a low apr through credit union then. Lol. Plus a 7yr loan is the only way i could afford a new bike as expensive as this, so it was only a $20/mnth difference between the $23k base model and my $28k CHD . Still, to my point, i would rather spend more for what i actually want, or wait until i can afford it, than skimp and settle on something. Everyone is different. As long as ya get what ya like is all that matters when it comes to toys:cool::cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts