Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Did you ride today

771K views 11K replies 1K participants last post by  Davetac1 
#1 ·
I thought it would be fun to read about our riding adventures.

I got out today and rode 54 miles on my Yamaha 850XS. The sky was blue and it was a warm 62 degrees afternoon, just right for the first ride of the year. The bike fired right up and ran like a champ no problems after sitting in the garage for 3 months. I buy my gas from a place that has 100% gas, no ethanol. I rode alone as I do most of the time. I have several routes, I call them laps, than I ride. Today's was on the river road run that is nice with a lot of curves and scenic views of the lake. The roads are all two lane and not very much traffic. The posted speed limits are 45 but on my bike 60 feels just right. Some of this is why I love to ride in the country; number of red lights 1, no. of cars I needed to pass 1, cars that passed me 0, cop cars 0, curves in the road many, smiles on my face - all the time. I didn't want to come home but the sun was going down and so was the temperature so I returned to my nest. I can't tell you how great that ride made me feel. Hell, I don't need to , you already know. Get busy riding my brothers and sisters and let's hear about it. Photos would be great too.

#6,673 ·
I went down to Sydney Indian and picked up my new Flared screen for my Road Master as the standard one was a little too high when it rained I had a to stretch and sit upright. The one I got looks like it is made by Brian Klock ,but it has a Indian part number and listed on their web site asaIndian screen:
13.7" Flare Windshield - Tinted
Item # 2880222-02.
Plus while I was there I got a fantastic price on a 19`` Chieftain Ltd wheel so that might be the next mod. Only short ride of around 340 kms in all retune but nice after also having the OVCX and Custom Dyno tune done during the week.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Car
Motor vehicle Mode of transport Vehicle Helmet Automotive exterior
Motor vehicle Helmet Motorcycle helmet Vehicle Mode of transport
Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Automotive design Mode of transport
Design Font Technology Electronics

#6,674 ·
Vehicle Motor vehicle Transport Motorcycle Sky
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Helicopter Rotorcraft Vehicle Helicopter rotor Aircraft
July toy run, about to head out. Saw this nicely done Scout along with tons of emergency equipment vehicles. More pics later. Thanks Mother Nature for this slightly cool breeze today. Valdosta Ga. very unusual

#6,681 ·
Hot, but not too hot to enjoy about a 100 miles cruising around central Kentucky local roads and towns with one (or no) traffic lights. Stopped and chatted with people who admired my bike. Including a young woman with very attractive breasts and a low cut top.

#6,685 ·
I went down to Sydney Indian and picked up my new Flared screen for my Road Master as the standard one was a little too high when it rained I had a to stretch and sit upright. The one I got looks like it is made by Brian Klock ,but it has a Indian part number and listed on their web site asaIndian screen:
13.7" Flare Windshield - Tinted
Item # 2880222-02.
Plus while I was there I got a fantastic price on a 19`` Chieftain Ltd wheel so that might be the next mod. Only short ride of around 340 kms in all retune but nice after also having the OVCX and Custom Dyno tune done during the week.
View attachment 510542 View attachment 510544 View attachment 510546 View attachment 510548 View attachment 510550
That's a beautiful bike Geoff. I have that exact screen on my Chieftan and really like it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

#6,686 ·
Thanks I needed something shorter than the standard screen ,not so much for riding in the dry weather but more for when it rains as I am 5`7`` and when it rains I have to stretch and sit up straight in the rain to see over the screen and also keep the rain from my helmet clear. I originally was going to put a Chieftain short screen on the bike as my mates new Limited has but the guys in Sydney Indian said this would work better as it has a flip and the sides are wider. I tend to agree but would have preferred it slightly shorter as I can raise the screen enough to work even if it was shorter. Another inch shorter would have been perfect. Having said that I can see over the screen with it down or raise slightly anyway.

#6,689 ·
Just came back in from alittle morning ride.The temp was a cool 78* when I left at 8AM,but slowly climbed to 92* by 11AM,[and climbing] so homeward bound. So here I sit in front of the PC waiting til this evening arrives and it cools down again.But all and all,the ride was good,traffic light and the machine,now with over 23,000 miles showing on the clock,continues to run better and better.But I've only had it for 16 months with 4 of those months, winter,with ice,snow and salt on the roads,hence the machine remained parked in my shop where it was safe,sound,and untouched by all that nasty salt and sand.;) Don't wanna hurt my baby,ya know!!:eek::rolleyes::) So please carry on gentlemen!! Dummy Dave!!!

#6,690 ·
Rode about 20 miles round trip to the bank to set up auto-payment on the bike. Having some issues with Pandora on my phone and the blue tooth speakers... It seems to keep disconnecting in between songs. I did listen to a Seamus Kennedy song though... The people around me in traffic must have been confused...

#6,696 ·
Well yesterday I rode from Collonges France to Crozet and back to Saint-Genis-Pouilly. Later, I dropped the rented 2019 Roadmaster off. I'm about to get on a plane back to New Yawk. I've been almost two weeks in the Geneva Switzerland area for work and on this trip I got a motorcycle instead of a rental car. I rode the 'Master at every opportunity and managed to do a few of the high mountain passes north-east of Geneva.

#6,699 ·
If you're in the area long enough get dinner in Thayne WY at Dads Steakhouse. Call first for a reservation. They're pretty much the only true restaurant in town but start to finish, best dinner ever. Even my husband who would rather grill his own loved it. Worth every minute of the hour we waited for a table.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.