Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
9361 - 9380 of 9531 Posts

· Premium Member
2022 Chief Darkhorse
833 Posts
Went on a 140 mile ride yesterday with one of my groups & had a great time until the end. Started the bike up after having lunch & the check engine light popped on - ECU fault. Then on the ride home I hit a good sized bump on the freeway and my freakin headlight popped out again.

I turned off the bike & let it sit for awhile when I got home & the fault went away. In the meantime I popped the headlight back in. I filed another claim with Polaris. I doubt anything will come of it just like the first time my headlight popped out.
Wheel Hood Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting

· Registered
441 Posts
Wednesday in Iowa the high temp was around 45 degrees . Saturday we left home at 8:00 a.m. 45 degrees and got home at 7:00 p.m. and 80 degrees . We stuck to mostly curvy low traffic county roads .We rode along the Mississippi river for a bit .We made lots of stops . Finished with a steak dinner at a local American Legion Post . 302 miles .
Sky Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Tree

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Sky Tree

Watch Light Gauge Amber Speedometer

Motor vehicle Gauge Speedometer Automotive lighting Measuring instrument

Food Ingredient Tableware Cuisine Beef

Sky Car Wheel Building Window

Food Tableware White rice Plate Ingredient

Property Sky Window Building Architecture

Sky Window Building Street light Tree

· Bronze member
4,183 Posts
Yup!! The temp was in the middle 50's,the sky was over cast,but it was NOT raining.So off I went for two or three hours, covering alittle under 100 miles.So it was a decent day.When I came back home,I did a few chores.Life is good!! (y) (y)

· Registered
441 Posts
Wednesday in Iowa the high temp was around 45 degrees . Saturday we left home at 8:00 a.m. 45 degrees and got home at 7:00 p.m. and 80 degrees . We stuck to mostly curvy low traffic county roads .We rode along the Mississippi river for a bit .We made lots of stops . Finished with a steak dinner at a local American Legion Post . 302 miles . View attachment 712499
View attachment 712498
View attachment 712494
View attachment 712495
View attachment 712497
View attachment 712496
View attachment 712493
View attachment 712492
View attachment 712491
Very sad , saw this news story on Saturday after we got home . On Friday a motorcyclist died in a crash on one of the same roads we had just been on .
ALLAMAKEE COUNTY, Iowa (KWWL) – A Minnesota man is dead following a motorcycle accident in Allamakee County yesterday afternoon.

The Allamakee County Sheriff said it happened around 4:15 p.m. on Great River Road north of the intersection of Wexford Hollow Drive, between Harpers Ferry and Lansing.

Paul Werner, 62, of Shakopee, Minnesota was riding the motorcycle south on Great River Road when he failed to make the curve and lost control. He died at the scene from his injuries.

The Allamakee County Sheriff's Office is investigating the crash. Minnesota man dies in Allamakee County motorcycle accident | News | kwwl.com

· Registered
1,147 Posts
I am just getting ready to walk outside and hop on the Challenger. We are having a beautiful Indian summer weekend, here in Wisconsin. I am not sure which direction I'm going to go, but it's going to be out there, soaking up some sunshine and scenery.
Yep, same here in Louisville. I left the house about 12:30 and it was 73* and climbing with sunny skies. And as usual on a Sunday not much traffic. And LOTS of bikes were out. Most enjoyable afternoon.

· Registered
2019 Roadmaster
513 Posts
Hit 80° here in Sioux Falls, which is quite warm for us in late October. My wife and I had commitments for most of the day, but were able to head out for about a 45 minute ride at 5 PM. The wind was blowing really hard at around 40 mph, so we just stayed in town at lower speeds. As we rode we were watching a storm roll in, and about 20 minutes after we got back home it hit. But at least we were able to squeeze a ride in.

· Registered
412 Posts
Very sad , saw this news story on Saturday after we got home . On Friday a motorcyclist died in a crash on one of the same roads we had just been on .
ALLAMAKEE COUNTY, Iowa (KWWL) – A Minnesota man is dead following a motorcycle accident in Allamakee County yesterday afternoon.

The Allamakee County Sheriff said it happened around 4:15 p.m. on Great River Road north of the intersection of Wexford Hollow Drive, between Harpers Ferry and Lansing.

Paul Werner, 62, of Shakopee, Minnesota was riding the motorcycle south on Great River Road when he failed to make the curve and lost control. He died at the scene from his injuries.

The Allamakee County Sheriff's Office is investigating the crash. Minnesota man dies in Allamakee County motorcycle accident | News | kwwl.com
Sorry to hear that. It's gotten so common around here. I'm on the outskirts of Houston and with a metro area population approaching 8 million people, it seems like I see two to three of these articles every weekend in the local news 😔. Between distracted driving, impaired driving, or just plain reckless driving, they take out someone every weekend....

· Premium Member
654 Posts
I didn’t get a chance to go out today but I plan to take a ride tomorrow. I’m thinking of trying to find those other four states our dear leader was talking about. I’ll let you know how it goes.

· Super Moderator
2017 Roadmaster / 2010 KM Vintage
2,614 Posts
I didn’t get a chance to go out today but I plan to take a ride tomorrow. I’m thinking of trying to find those other four states our dear leader was talking about. I’ll let you know how it goes.
140 RT today for lunch with some local riders.

Now, some beans and wine by the fire.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9361 - 9380 of 9531 Posts