Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
9281 - 9300 of 9355 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I have just the opposite problem over here in Wisconsin this morning. This morning. While it is not cold outside, there's definitely a touch of fall in the air today. I'm waiting until early this afternoon before taking the bike out for a ride. I have all the gear for cold weather riding, unfortunately, I'll probably have some of it on.

·
Rider
1,296 Posts
For me, this Indian Challenger is the best riding/touring that I have ever owned.
Amen to that Brother! And I’ve ridden 40 years worth of Harleys, a Vic Vision, a Gold Wing and a Road Master. Just about to roll up 23k miles in 16 mos. Quirky RC aside it’s been flawless and the funnest bike to ride. 1k mile days with the stock seat and pulling a trailer for 16k miles. Presently on a 1200 mile 3 day weekend loop through Wyoming Idaho and Montana. Hard to believe triple digits in Wyoming of all places, in Sept even.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I have just the opposite problem over here in Wisconsin this morning. This morning. While it is not cold outside the colum there's definitely a touch of fall in the air today. I'm waiting until early this afternoon before taking the bike out for a right. I have all the gear for cold weather riding, and unfortunately, I'll probably have some of it on.
Amen to that Brother! And I’ve ridden 40 years worth of Harleys, a Vic Vision, a Gold Wing and a Road Master. Just about to roll up 23k miles in 16 mos. Quirky RC aside it’s been flawless and the funnest bike to ride. 1k mile days with the stock seat and pulling a trailer for 16k miles. Presently on a 1200 mile 3 day weekend loop through Wyoming Idaho and Montana. Hard to believe triple digits in Wyoming of all places, in Sept even.
Yes, I'll keep riding the Indian Challenger, as long as Polaris keeps building them.
But when people ask me about them that are thinking about looking at buying one, I let them know about the electric drain "that my bike has had since today I bought it."
I very recently talked to an Indian dealership owner, who asked me how much my Challenger likes to throw codes.. He evidently owns a Pursuit. I told him about my bike being fantastic fun to ride, but how it also identifies as an EV vehicle. If I don't keep that motorcycle on the battery tender beyond 4 days of not riding it, there is 0 chance that it will start. He smiled and gave me a knowing nod.
That would be an absolute deal killer for most of the motorcycle riders that I know. Most of them don't put on enough miles a summer to justify more than one oil change. So having their Challenger perpetually on a battery tender, is not something that they would want, or put up with. I tell them that the Challenger is a good bike for them to stay away from.

·
Rider
1,455 Posts
220 miles in 95° heat today, this was taken at the intersection of Routes 32 and 36 in Carlisle, KY. It doesn't matter if you occasionally ride or a hardcore 1%er, it's hard to resist stopping for an ice cream cone.

° View attachment 703762
Lot of nice riding roads in KY.

·
Rider
1,455 Posts
Below 80 and overcast Actually pretty nice riding weather.
Just tooling around the country roads of central Kentucky today.
this is Howardsville. One church and one liquor store.

Attachments

·
Registered
297 Posts
Sky Cloud Plant Tree Wheel

Plant Cloud Sky Tree Cemetery

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting
Sky Tree Plant Cloud Road surface
Automotive tire Tire Vehicle Road surface Motorcycle

Rode about 1000 miles over two days from Boston to Gatlinburg TN. Stopped at a few Tour of Honor sites along the way including the 9-11 memorial and Civil War cemetery in Staunton VA. Motorcycle parking by the front door at Three Jims restaurant in Gatlinburg. The skies opened up while we ate but stopped long enough for us to get back to our lodging reasonably dry.

·
Rider
1,455 Posts
Gorgeous Kentucky day. This is a small part of "The Parklands", a 4,000 acre park on the SE side of Louisville. It is a very impressive park. If I was into exercise I would love all the walking trails, of which are many.
If you look closely in the second picture you can see my Scout.
When we get a day like this, it is a sin not to play hooky from responsibility and ride.

Tire Wheel Cloud Land vehicle Vehicle
Sky Water resources Plant Cloud Infrastructure
Fixture Building Stairs Engineering Symmetry

9281 - 9300 of 9355 Posts