Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Did you ride today

566093 9425
I thought it would be fun to read about our riding adventures.

I got out today and rode 54 miles on my Yamaha 850XS. The sky was blue and it was a warm 62 degrees afternoon, just right for the first ride of the year. The bike fired right up and ran like a champ no problems after sitting in the garage for 3 months. I buy my gas from a place that has 100% gas, no ethanol. I rode alone as I do most of the time. I have several routes, I call them laps, than I ride. Today's was on the river road run that is nice with a lot of curves and scenic views of the lake. The roads are all two lane and not very much traffic. The posted speed limits are 45 but on my bike 60 feels just right. Some of this is why I love to ride in the country; number of red lights 1, no. of cars I needed to pass 1, cars that passed me 0, cop cars 0, curves in the road many, smiles on my face - all the time. I didn't want to come home but the sun was going down and so was the temperature so I returned to my nest. I can't tell you how great that ride made me feel. Hell, I don't need to , you already know. Get busy riding my brothers and sisters and let's hear about it. Photos would be great too.
9241 - 9260 of 9426 Posts

·
Rider
1,484 Posts
Great riding weather here in God's Country...Central Kentucky. I take about double the google map time so I can stop and enjoy the scenery. It's the journey, not the destination.
Ecoregion World Map Atlas Line
Cloud Sky Plant Road surface Asphalt
Sky Cloud Building Plant Vehicle registration plate

·
Rider
786 Posts
I was invited on a ride this weekend to the back of the Dragon. We started off Friday in the morning and got back Sunday. Put about 1000 miles in of mountain roads and some highways. It was a blast. I was the only on an Indian and we stopped at a Harley dealer. They were doing an event and burn out contest. I did not join in the contest but it was cool to be in the middle of hundreds of Harleys. Most everyone was cool.
Cloud Plant Sky Plant community Ecoregion

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Plant

Attachments

·
Registered
693 Posts
Yes I did. To work just like almost every every day this summer . Got a little wet this morning from all the fog. The Chieftain is at the dealership getting the windshield fixed (stuck in the full up position), so I’m riding the Scout Bobber. Looks and sounds cool as hell but I sure miss the fairing of my Chieftain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Rider
March 2022 ROTM Winner
2,719 Posts
201 miles of smiles with a buddy to Cheddar Gorge and Weston Super Mare. They’ve towed a disused oil rig onto the beach at Weston with plans to turn it into some form of artwork???

Sky Vehicle Gas Asphalt Cloud

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Sky Vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Bronze member
4,070 Posts
Doncha just love these accurate weather reports the weather man gives ya??? I wish I had a dime for every weather report that said no rain today. But shortly after I go off on the scooter, I'm driving thru 2 inches of water on the roads and soaked to the bone!!GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! :mad:

·
Registered
693 Posts
I was out on my scooter this AM too,that is,until the temp climbed into the 90's!! So I headed back to the ranch! Why?? Cause the AC on my scooter doesn't work worth a sh**!! lol lol
I believe I recall you mentioning your sh***y a.c. before. You really ought to get that checked out. My adjustment dial is in my right hand. [emoji6]

At least it wasn’t too foggy this morning. If I only work 8 hrs. today I think I’ll get home before it rains. Any longer than that and I’ll probably get soaked. As long as it’s not hailing it will be worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
65 Posts
Doncha just love these accurate weather reports the weather man gives ya??? I wish I had a dime for every weather report that said no rain today. But shortly after I go off on the scooter, I'm driving thru 2 inches of water on the roads and soaked to the bone!!GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! :mad:
I did not ride today.

They're are no weather forecasters anymore.
Nowadays, we have weather reporters who report the weather as it is happening or about to happen.
I think the weather folk have gotten worse this year.

I was going to ride to work this afternoon because the weather channels said no rain.
Was about to helmet up when I looked out the window and saw it changed from sunny to downpour.
Drove the cage to work. I came alongside a group of four cruisers who were riding through various spots of rain, no wet gear on.

Great job again, "AccuWeather". 👎

9241 - 9260 of 9426 Posts