Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Did you ride today

581607 Views 9530 Replies 1089 Participants Last post by  reinie
I thought it would be fun to read about our riding adventures.

I got out today and rode 54 miles on my Yamaha 850XS. The sky was blue and it was a warm 62 degrees afternoon, just right for the first ride of the year. The bike fired right up and ran like a champ no problems after sitting in the garage for 3 months. I buy my gas from a place that has 100% gas, no ethanol. I rode alone as I do most of the time. I have several routes, I call them laps, than I ride. Today's was on the river road run that is nice with a lot of curves and scenic views of the lake. The roads are all two lane and not very much traffic. The posted speed limits are 45 but on my bike 60 feels just right. Some of this is why I love to ride in the country; number of red lights 1, no. of cars I needed to pass 1, cars that passed me 0, cop cars 0, curves in the road many, smiles on my face - all the time. I didn't want to come home but the sun was going down and so was the temperature so I returned to my nest. I can't tell you how great that ride made me feel. Hell, I don't need to , you already know. Get busy riding my brothers and sisters and let's hear about it. Photos would be great too.
9101 - 9120 of 9531 Posts

· Super Moderator
2017 Roadmaster / 2010 KM Vintage
2,614 Posts
Wife and I covered 470 miles today. Popped into Hobbs, NM and back. Temps started in the mid '70s at 0800. By, 1030 up to 95. Hit 100 around 1300. Stayed above 102 all afternoon. Peaked at 106. I can now say I have ridden through a sandstorm. High and hot winds across west Texas today. 25-30 some gusts reported at 45. We rode in blowing sand from around 1300 until 1800. It sucked. At several points visibility was around 1/4 mile.

Ecoregion Rectangle Slope Font Parallel

· Registered
538 Posts
Cloud Sky Plant Street light Infrastructure

Did another Adirondack tour with my brother today from Albany to Lake Luzerne and Lake George. 210 miles round trip. Grabbed some ice cream at Martha’s across from Six Flags - Great Escape. Plenty of bikers riding. Next week will be “congestion city” when Americade is held. 50,000 bikers expected.

· Registered
2019 Scout Bobber Thunder Smoke
240 Posts
Well, no work scheduled so I went for a ride. Longest (for me) to date, only been riding 6 months and this is my first bike. 135 miles, no freeways. Up Palomar Mountain and back down, over to Temecula and on through De Luz. Probably only 10 miles of greater than two lanes, and that was most likely the only “straight” parts.

Had a few firsts along the way- first time scraping a peg, on Palomar about six turns in. I’ve been pushing myself a bit as I learn to really ride, so at least I was expecting it at some point. Not gonna lie, tried a few times more but not quite there yet.

First time feeling the ABS in real life. I’ve purposefully made it activate a few times to see what it felt like, so again, no real surprises other than the moron who decides to merge into me. At least he used his blinker!

Last, riding in a fairly decent cross breeze through Temecula. I could definitely feel it, but the low COG of the bike (and rider) made it relatively okay. Just slowed a bit to give myself a little more reaction time in turns.
Bicycle Plant Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Plant community Bicycle handlebar

Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Fuel tank

Tire Wheel Sky Plant community Plant

Sky Water Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Sky Vehicle

· Bronze member
Indian scout icon
4,020 Posts
Long public jubilee weekend so decided to head to the Indian dealership near Cambridge so set off towards Norfolk stopped at a place on route for an excellent breakfast lots of sports bikes arrived as I left, thro a bit of Norfolk and into Cambridgeshire, thro the countryside took in a couple of market towns finally arrived at the dealer, lots of stock and accessories came back more on the main roads and stopped at a place raising money for the Ukraine all in all a good day and no rain :)
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle
Food Tableware Kitchen utensil Condiment Plate
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Property Vehicle
Automotive tire Helmet Automotive design Automotive lighting Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Cloud Sky Vehicle

· Registered
2022 Indian Chief Dark Horse - Jade
439 Posts
Hello from England. We have the Queens 70th Jubilee Calibrations. I rode from home through Royal Windsor Park. Then onto the town of Windsor. Past Windsor Castle. Everyone out to celebrate. Large Flags hanging from ever Street light post. Flags and posters everywhere. A great ride with Memories to share.

· Rider
1,500 Posts
Rode out to Cub Run, KY today. Went to the coolest Amish store in the....middle....of...nowhere.
Detweilers Country Store. If you live in central Kentucky, make it a day ride.

Reactions: Floyd The Cat

· Registered
36 Posts
I went with a friend to an HD rally in Hot Springs, Arkansas today. The Indian truck was there also and they were letting people test drive the new Indians. Lots of HD's and Indians there today along with plenty of good music, lot's of food, Also lots of good people and good times. Sorry about no pictures, but I don't own a smart phone.

· Bronze member
Indian scout icon
4,020 Posts
Nice morning not to cold but cloudy but the weather looks like the suns going to shine,decided to go for a ride off the main roads, found some nice roads never ridden on before,some great scenery with only a few other people on them and the sun did come out
Wheel Sky Tire Cloud Plant
Plant Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle
Sometimes it's good to have no destination but ended up at a cafe in a village that bikers use so a good end to the day.

· Registered
2022 Indian Chief Dark Horse - Jade
439 Posts
Nice morning not to cold but cloudy but the weather looks like the suns going to shine,decided to go for a ride off the main roads, found some nice roads never ridden on before,some great scenery with only a few other people on them and the sun did come out View attachment 692724 View attachment 692725 View attachment 692726 Sometimes it's good to have no destination but ended up at a cafe in a village that bikers use so a good end to the day.
Hello. Looks a nice area to ride in. Where abouts is it please? Also in England. I am in Surrey area.

· Registered
2020 Indian Scout Jade Green and Thunder Black
316 Posts
Most stunning event on my ride!
I was riding through the Pokomoke Forest where I often see a lot of wildlife- deer, turkeys, rabbits, foxes , squirrels, groundhogs etc.
At one point I startled a red tailed hawk which was on the ground by the shoulder of the road. As it got up it flew along side of me about a foot in front of my right rear view mirror. It’s wing tips we’re almost touching the mirror but we kept that pace together for about 100 yards until the canopy opened up and it banked up and off to the right into the woods. I could see it’s beak and eye as it looked back at me intermittently and I could see every little feather on its legs where it transitioned to its talons. I could have reached out and touched it. Incredible. Very moving.
I have read and heard about people dreaming they were flying. I have never had that dream (Falling from precipitous heights? Yeah, I’ve had that dream a lot but not flying)
I think a big part of the appeal or riding for me is the sensation akin to flying, especially on a twisty 2 lane road with a lot of lean angle. But I have never felt so much like flying as when that creature was flying off my rear view mirror. I’m certain that is my Spirit Guide.
“You can be my wingman anytime!”

Ride safely, my friends.

9101 - 9120 of 9531 Posts