Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Did you ride today

581128 Views 9527 Replies 1089 Participants Last post by  mark.lb
I thought it would be fun to read about our riding adventures.

I got out today and rode 54 miles on my Yamaha 850XS. The sky was blue and it was a warm 62 degrees afternoon, just right for the first ride of the year. The bike fired right up and ran like a champ no problems after sitting in the garage for 3 months. I buy my gas from a place that has 100% gas, no ethanol. I rode alone as I do most of the time. I have several routes, I call them laps, than I ride. Today's was on the river road run that is nice with a lot of curves and scenic views of the lake. The roads are all two lane and not very much traffic. The posted speed limits are 45 but on my bike 60 feels just right. Some of this is why I love to ride in the country; number of red lights 1, no. of cars I needed to pass 1, cars that passed me 0, cop cars 0, curves in the road many, smiles on my face - all the time. I didn't want to come home but the sun was going down and so was the temperature so I returned to my nest. I can't tell you how great that ride made me feel. Hell, I don't need to , you already know. Get busy riding my brothers and sisters and let's hear about it. Photos would be great too.
9061 - 9080 of 9528 Posts

· Registered
2019 Scout Bobber Thunder Smoke
240 Posts
Side job 35 miles away in the Bird Rock area of La Jolla, CA. Parking there can be an absolute nightmare, so rode the bike with my laptop in a backpack. Longest time at highway speeds followed by a leisurely ride back up the coast for almost 75 miles total.

· Registered
36 Posts
Not today, But, I did yesterday. I got up really early and took off on a four hour ride. It's been really hot here in the middle of the day. So, I like to head out ether early in the evening or in the early morning. I just changed my oil, oil filter with some Amsoil 20-40 V twin oil for an Indian Chief Vintage, along with new NGK spark plugs that I gapped, a new K&N air filter and straightened up the belt alignment. I did the adjustment when the belt was cold too. Now there's no more squealing and Parker is running really good too. I call my Chief Vintage Parker. After Quanah Parker the Comanche Chief.

· Registered
441 Posts

· Registered
2019 Scout Bobber Thunder Smoke
240 Posts
Wife had to run to work for a bit and I got out for about 2 hours. Just one of those days that flowed and flowed. Hardly a red light, traffic all moving smoothly without idiots, long stretches of smooth curvy roads. Hated having to come home when it was rolling like that.

· Registered
166 Posts
Went out for some low speed maneuvering practice and dragged the wife and kids along - hid her gear in the trunk of the car and when we got there decided it was time for beginners lessons and she did it! She did a great job as I expected she would. And before anyone says it - it is absolutely my intention to get her bit by the bug and add another bike to the garage 😉 (the ultimate goal would be to give her the bobber and I'll go get a springfield darkhorse or chieftain)
Tire Wheel Sky Plant Vehicle

9061 - 9080 of 9528 Posts