Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
8781 - 8800 of 8843 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Scout
340 Posts
Hope you get sand in your eye. Jerk 🤓wear your goggles and enjoy. The weather girl says I get out next week. Thank goodness for heated gloves.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I'll be parking my bike at a buddies house until we are done moving. My mover won't take it and I need to drive 3 vehicles to Arizona. I'll just fly back and ride it once we are settled. Needless to say no riding for me for about a month. I'll be making up for it though living in AZ. Happy New Year everyone!!!

Phil

·
Registered
159 Posts
Rode 250 miles today. Rode the rattler (nc 209) to hot springs nc, had lunch, then rode back via Gatlinburg Tenn and 441 through the Smokey Mt Park. Ran into some rain there and got wet but overall a great ride on the last day of the year.

Happy New Year!

·
Registered
2019 Scout Bobber Thunder Smoke
27 Posts
Only to Costco with my son on his Iron 1200. Two bottles of wine and almost $200 of crab legs for tomorrow night (after I go for a New Year’s ride!).

·
Founding member / Distinguished
6,048 Posts
It was 49 degrees F and mostly sunny when I rode this afternoon. I didn't ride very far, maybe 20 miles or so but it was good.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
I rode home to Savannah from Charlottesville yesterday. I was planning on taking the backroads and stopping 1/2 way for the night. I left pretty late in the morning since it was just 5 or 6 hours to the 1/2 way point. Once I got there, I kept on going... and kept going. It got dark and I was just 2 hours from home so I hit the highway for the rest of the ride. 9 hours of riding with 1 hour of rests so it took just over 10 hours to do 485 miles. It was a good day but I wish I had left earlier and done 100% backroads or just hit the highways from the beginning. I hate riding in the dark this time of year but I didn't see a single deer or any other animal thankfully.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Gorgeous day today-didn’t have much time to ride after putting the new gym equipment together and with the standing rib roast on The smoker so just a quick 30 miles in.
Figured anytime it’s 75 on New Year’s Day calls for at least a couple miles.

·
Registered
108 Posts
First ride this year, still getting used to riding and the bike. Longest ride yet- 40 miles down Del Dios Highway in North County San Diego.
You’re doing it right. Take short rides and keep your speed down to react to trouble. Gain your confidence gradually but always be aware of potential danger. Remember that Trouble Never Comes At You Slowly ! Ride safely and you will ride a long time ! Larry

·
Registered
2019 Scout Bobber Thunder Smoke
27 Posts
You’re doing it right. Take short rides and keep your speed down to react to trouble. Gain your confidence gradually but always be aware of potential danger. Remember that Trouble Never Comes At You Slowly ! Ride safely and you will ride a long time ! Larry
That’s the plan. Leaning doesn’t bother me much, and I’m starting to get the hang of countersteering. Not looking for the crotch rocket, just a good old fashioned kick in the pants every now and again.

·
Bronze member
3,560 Posts
No riding around here cause all it's been doing is frigin raining and continues to do so today!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! The last time I was out on my scooter was almost two weeks ago.But the good news is: we're NOT SHOVELING ,atleast,NOT YET!!! ;)

·
Bronze member
1,893 Posts
Our group does a Jan 1 ride each year. We call it the Polar Bear Ride. Ironically it was 80 and sunny here in South Georgia today. We left Valdosta Ga. with 23 bikes and a group of riders. We headed off to Uvalda Ga. to meet up with a few hundred bikers from all over Georgia. With the extremely beautiful weather there was an incredible turnout for todays lunch run. We traveled 232 miles had a great time and brought in this year with a safe and enjoyable ride. Hopefully that will carry throughout this year’s adventures.
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle

Cloud Sky Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle

Jaw Cuisine Ingredient Automotive design Dish

Food Tableware Rib Ingredient Recipe

Tire Jeans Wheel Vehicle Cloud

·
Bronze member
3,560 Posts
Right now around here,the roads are clear,the sky is cloudy,and there is hardly any snow on the ground.However,there is a light NE wind blowing with an outside temp only reaching in to the upper teens and lower 20's,meaning,it's really not fun to ride the scooter right now,even with my heated clothing.So needless to say,since I don't have to go out,the scooter remains parked,atleast for now!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!! Why?? Because it's really not that enjoyable anymore now that I'm getting along in the years.:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

8781 - 8800 of 8843 Posts