Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
8581 - 8600 of 8643 Posts

·
Administrator
17,882 Posts
“You never know when you’re going to be an angel in somebody’s life.” Today it was a senior citizen volunteer at the east / st Mary’s side of Glacier NP. We started in fogs and mists on the west side of Polson MT and took hwy35 around the lake. Perfect riding. We hooked up w hwy2 and started heading for Glacier NP. The fearless leader (ahem) missed the turnoff cuz they’d built a whole new village sometime since 20+ years since he’d been thru. So the crew went all the way to the east side, where we decided to chance an “unauthorized” entry.

The guardian angel asked if we had the reservation tickets. I told him our tale of woe. He gave me a wink, and said “Those Canadians are hosing all of us Americans. Go ahead.” Salvation!!!

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
Wow. I have to learn a new trick. 🆒 :(

Animoto video

@HINK , Immitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

But, you haven't twisted with the Blues Brothers while buying a pint on Sunday.

·
Administrator
17,882 Posts
kalispell to Idaho falls today. If you ever go thru Leadore, do NOT eat at the cute lil restaurant there (hwy28). It was a one-horse operation but after an hour of sitting we realized that our waitress was also the cook and hadn’t even started our food! That’s an hour of our lives we will never get back…. Both bikes are running great but Julie’s ride command is flawless and mine is still unpredictable (at best). I have basic faith now that my bike will run, and run both well and reliably. That is a momentous achievement, given its history.

Julie working on my ride command ~~ note the stogey!

Missoula / smokeater jump school (hotshots)

·
Administrator
17,882 Posts
Another 450 mi day, going from Idaho Falls to Vernal, UT. We went via the Flaming Gorge. A chilly start at 48 degrees. Palisade Reservoir was the lowest we’ve seen in years. We finished with a steak dinner and a couple of nice cigars. Perfect!!

Tire Sky Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Sky Fuel tank Vehicle

Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Fuel tank

·
Administrator
17,882 Posts
Home! Vernal to Roxborough CO. 4500 mi. total. This is the first time ever that I’ve been blessed to ride from Steamboat Springs town limits all the way to the plains just north of Kremmling with zero traffic. None. Work those spectacular curves at any speed i want. Perfect. What a way to end the trip!

This is the only mcy trip I’ve been on (in over 50yrs) with perfect weather. Didn’t have to bust out the rain gear once. We had mists by the ocean but that was it. Simply incredible.

Tire Wheel Sky Land vehicle Vehicle

yes, that is indeed a mini-chocolate donut…. Breakfast of champions! Gassing up in Craig, CO
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Sky
Tire Land vehicle Sky Wheel Vehicle

HOME!!!!
Sky Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle Tree
Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
203 Posts
Home! Vernal to Roxborough CO. 4500 mi. total. This is the first time ever that I’ve been blessed to ride from Steamboat Springs town limits all the way to the plains just north of Kremmling with zero traffic. None. Work those spectacular curves at any speed i want. Perfect. What a way to end the trip!

This is the only mcy trip I’ve been on (in over 50yrs) with perfect weather. Didn’t have to bust out the rain gear once. We had mists by the ocean but that was it. Simply incredible.

View attachment 648328

yes, that is indeed a mini-chocolate donut…. Breakfast of champions! Gassing up in Craig, CO
View attachment 648329 View attachment 648330
HOME!!!!
View attachment 648331 View attachment 648332
What a cool trip! Thx for sharing your journey and pics with us! Definitely gets the bike juices flowing!

8581 - 8600 of 8643 Posts