Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

8001 - 8020 of 8054 Posts

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Took a 5 day trip from Texas Hill Country up to Eureka Springs and back. About 1600 miles round trip. First time riding the roads in the Ozarks. In addition to numerous back roads, we hit the Pig Trail of course and the Talimena Scenic Byway on the way home. The roads were great. Just so many great curves to hit. In particular, 23 to 12 to get over to Rogers was fun to rip on. The whole area was overrun with bikers. Bikes, Blues, and BBQ would have been this weekend, it was cancelled, but seems most bikers showed up anyways. That plus a few too many cages on the Pig Trail took the fun out of that.

The Roadmaster ran flawlessly. Was even fun when fully loaded with my wife on it and a top bag, all the trunks full. But when we stripped it down, no luggage-trunk-passenger - it was a blast to carve with.

Hit 15,000 miles on it, in about 18 months, and so far the biggest issue has been a broken clip for the latch on the phone holder. And it continues to get a lot of looks and compliments. My buddy who was with me on this trip has a gorgeous CVO. It's always a fun game to see who gets more compliments and people coming up to talk about their
bike.

·
Registered
256 Posts
My lovely bride and I took a 3 day trip to Wisconsin to enjoy the colors last weekend.
Central Minnesota to Taylor's Falls, Dresser, Menomonie, Red Wing, Wabasha, back home.
A little rain and a bit chilly but was worth it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Rider
1,179 Posts
Got lucky 2 weekends ago. Friend of mine got out on Saturday & was pelted with lovebugs.
We went out the next day & nary a one to be found.

With the cool front rolling through Houston this week, hoping to get out for a nice ride this weekend.
Agreed, JAMADOR. Our best riding weather is here for us in the Houston area. I had a nice ride today and am looking forward to many more of the same over the coming months. :)
Went down 288 to HWY6 through Alvin, Santa Fe and Hitchcock (I was raised in Alvin)...

came up 45, made a left on BW8 and stopped at the AMC30 at the corner of 45/BW8...

rode BW8 West and then north on 288 - made it back home @ 12:45...

when I put the bike up, it was 84 degrees and not 7500 degrees 🤘🏼

8674B9B9-EAF3-4796-BE7D-51DD65A6F682.jpeg
AD20239C-9069-4785-9D3D-9B3068DF3B9C.jpeg

·
Registered
24 Posts
Took my new RM for a ride around Phoenix today, 90+ miles. Got to keep racking up those break-in miles! :)

This bike is incredibly smooth and comfortable on the highways. Really nice having a stereo too. Looking forward to many more miles.

Reactions: Kost

·
Rider
1,354 Posts
Took a 5 day trip from Texas Hill Country up to Eureka Springs and back. About 1600 miles round trip. First time riding the roads in the Ozarks. In addition to numerous back roads, we hit the Pig Trail of course and the Talimena Scenic Byway on the way home. The roads were great. Just so many great curves to hit. In particular, 23 to 12 to get over to Rogers was fun to rip on. The whole area was overrun with bikers. Bikes, Blues, and BBQ would have been this weekend, it was cancelled, but seems most bikers showed up anyways. That plus a few too many cages on the Pig Trail took the fun out of that.

The Roadmaster ran flawlessly. Was even fun when fully loaded with my wife on it and a top bag, all the trunks full. But when we stripped it down, no luggage-trunk-passenger - it was a blast to carve with.

Hit 15,000 miles on it, in about 18 months, and so far the biggest issue has been a broken clip for the latch on the phone holder. And it continues to get a lot of looks and compliments. My buddy who was with me on this trip has a gorgeous CVO. It's always a fun game to see who gets more compliments and people coming up to talk about their
bike.

View attachment 607326
View attachment 607327

View attachment 607328

View attachment 607329

View attachment 607330
Great pics

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,406 Posts
I rode up to Indian of Toledo and participated in the Demo Truck Event. I took the Challenger challenge, riding a Harley Davidson Road Glide back-to-back with an Indian Challenger. The Challenger won although the Road Glide wasn't exactly terrible either. Also rode a Springfield Dark Horse, another Challenger and a Chieftain Dark Horse. I had a good time there.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Rode 290 miles with my sister's boyfriend. We rode to Tommy's Pizza in Gettysburg for lunch. From there rode to Paw Paw Tunnel near Paw Paw West Virginia & back home. Paw Paw Tunnel is part of the canal that shaved off 6 miles of moving supplies from Washington, DC to Cumberland, MD on the Potomac river.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Yes! 212 miles on my Scout (stock bars, stock seat, stock suspension - 6’1”, 220 lbs, 32” inseam). From Sacramento CA, to Downieville CA on Hwy 49. Elevation 3,000 ft, population 282 (2010). Nestled next to the North Yuba River (in Winter and Spring, that River roars, from edge of roadway to opposite bank; it’s more quiet in Summer and Fall.) Beautiful.

Road only backroads, no interstate. Many lovely, small California towns along the way. Several compliments on the Scout, including a HD rider. Great day, amazing ride.

8001 - 8020 of 8054 Posts