Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

7581 - 7600 of 7614 Posts

·
Rider
609 Posts
Rode to Indian of Sturgis yesterday for the N Switch recall on my 2016 Chieftain, then took the long way home to Montana (by mistake, took wrong road and bypassed Bell Fourche going North), ended up running thru Huelet, Wyoming and into Alzeda, Montana which took me a good 75 miles out of my way and into 35mph --- 55mph corners, great ride though beautiful country side, but could not find the limits on the Chieftain due to 35 mph winds pushing the bike around a bit...still a great 450 mile ride, covering the bike with bugs :cautious:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Got Minnie my RM out for a Rockies foothills ride today. First ride up in the mountains I’ve managed this year. Must have been a zillion pedal bikes out along with lots of bikers to wave at. Only about 3 hours but had a nice chat with one of the bicyclers at my lunch stop. Good solo ride!

·
Belgian rider
375 Posts
Just a small tour in Belgium (it's a small Country after all) and we are not allowed to cross the borders yet. Just a 220 K riding with my friend (Indian Chieftain owner). Nice ride after the two months of lockdown here. Hoping to do more longer trips when our borders are open again. We don't know when this will be….. ??? Photo from our stop after two hours riding, at a pear orchard. Temperature reached 28 degrees Celsius.

IMG_20200518_121441.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,506 Posts
Saturday
Wife and I rode 322.3 miles (she was tracking it).
Saw the Statue of Liberty -- Yes we have one of these in Texas.

My wife, being an attorney, has a fascination with courthouses. She has even suggested a biking tour of each courthouse in the State. Hmm... maybe not all of them, but the idea has merit.

Fayette County (La Grange, TX) Yes, this courthouse has history.

Lee County, Giddings, TX

Sunday,
180 miles -- Trip down the coast for a beer and burger in Sargent, TX
TXDOT is constructing a new bridge over the Intracoastal waterway.

Got home about 45 minutes before the storms hit.

Attachments

·
Registered
350 Posts
Did 197 miles, 5.5 hrs, twisty mountain roads with about 12 of those miles on packed gravel up one side and down a mountain in central/lower Poconos PA. Forever to be known as my Hazelton loop.

Happy Memorial Day to everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
293 Posts
Went with my stepson and a friend today. Rt522 from Winchester to Front Royal. Rode the twists and turns over the mountain through Shenandoah National Forest on Rt211 to New Market VA. Rt11 to Strasburg VA . Rt 55 Back home to Mountain Falls VA. All together about 140 miles of awesome weather, roads and company. Can't wait for the next ride.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Rode to my mother and fathers gravesite .. . My father was a WWII vet who fought in the Pacific Campaign at Guadalcanal and Iwo Jima. He did not die during those campaigns but passed away 12 years ago last month. I am thankful and proud that he was alive when I joined ( still in today ) and served while he was alive . I am thankful for all of those who have served no matter the capacity and eternally grateful to those who gave all so we can enjoy the liberties we enjoy today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7581 - 7600 of 7614 Posts