Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

7561 - 7580 of 7614 Posts

·
Rider
407 Posts
Joined 5 of my neighbors yesterday {4 BMW's, a HD Ultra and my Springfield} for a nice spring ride. We headed south at 0600, temps in the low 60's headed for Arrivaca {south of Tucson}.
Stayed on the two lane frontage road that parallels I-19 before climbing the 23 miles of sweepers and twisties that took us to the top of the grade. We headed west down the back side 12 miles to 286 and then north the 33 miles to Robles Junction/Three Points.

The guys were looking for a breakfast stop but virtually nothing was open for food {I had packed a sandwich}. after a brief stop to eat and wet down my evaporations vest {as temps were now climbing into the low 90's} I split from the breakfast seeking crowd and rolled on home up I-19 and I-10 returning at 1130 after logging 230 miles. Got 43.8 mpg which included some serious twisting of the right wrist... all in all a great ride with a nice bunch of guys.

(y)

·
Bronze member
1,162 Posts

·
Bronze member
1,829 Posts

·
Bronze member
2,256 Posts
Today,the temp went from the lower 50's to the lower 90's,so off I went logging in 100 miles or so.However,it was HOT compared to the temps I've been riding in.But then again,summer is just around the corner,not to mention,it FINALLY stopped raining and the high winds we've been having around here have subsided too.And I saw a LOT of other guys,and gals,out on their scooters enjoying the warmer temps.Life is good!! Dave!!!

7561 - 7580 of 7614 Posts