Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

7341 - 7360 of 7375 Posts

·
Rider
378 Posts
My bride and I do a Sunday morning ride every week. We did 125 miles this morning, temps in the mid 60's and no wind. Rode out through Gates Pass west of Tucson and down into Sagaro National Park, nice 2 lane twisty. Back east through Picture Rocks and then north to Red Rock and home via Park Link Dr and AZ 79. Have gotten in about 400 miles this week in 3 rides just having too much fun.

(y)

Attachments

·
Bronze member
2,100 Posts
The temp climbed all the way up to 60*F today,with sunshine and blue skies!! So you can bet your *** I went out today logging on 150 miles.And the best part was,traffic was very light no matter where I rode.

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
Rode an area around SE Texas. A great day and a near miss.

We picked up I-45 on the SE side of Houston headed north. About a mile onto the freeway with moderate traffic, I heard a crash and a staccato $hit,$hit,$hit in my helmet. Corner of the eye caught something in the air one lane to the left and about 2 cars ahead of me -- about even with my wife riding ahead of me. It may have been a chunk of grill, because what followed was the scary item, a truck tire coming over that car in the lane to my left. She saw it coming before I did. In those 1- 3 seconds, I realized it was going to miss her, but was on track to nail me. In that moment, I flashed back and saw the instructor at the MSR class I took two years ago directing us to do emergency swerves. I swerved right, braced for contact, and swerved back while staying in the lane (keeping out of the way of cars on my right). Miss! No pants needed cleaning but heart works just fine.

What my wife saw:
There was a truck tire in the far left lane on the edge of the shoulder. A small car hit it causing it to flip into the lane where the following car hit it tossing it into the air. She told me the was thinking - how could that driver be so stupid as to hit the tire, there was plenty of room to miss it, when she realized the tire hit the second car and was headed in her direction.

Back to basics -- head on a swivel. Have a path out. Be ready to take it.

·
Bronze member
2,100 Posts
Yup!! Just came back in.Right now it's cloudy and the temp is 57* and I'll bet I saw atleast 100 bikes out bangin around.Looks like everyone has got the bike fever,I know I do! lol lol

·
Rider
378 Posts
Just got home from, a nice 160 mile run with my neighbor, a retired CHP motor Officer. We rode north on AZ77 from Catalina to Winkelman where we picked up AZ177 which took us up and over the pass and down into Superior. Returned home through Florence on AZ79. Temps in the low 60's with no wind and everybody and their dog was out for a ride. Gorgeous day and fair number of decent twisties with three 10% grades. Too much fun and I will be taking my bride for our weekly Sunday morning ride tomorrow.

(y)

7341 - 7360 of 7375 Posts