Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

7321 - 7340 of 7388 Posts

·
Founding member / Distinguished
3,655 Posts
Took a little afternoon ride. It was cloudy, breezy and 53 degrees. I went and visited a couple of friends while i was out.

·
Bronze member
1,379 Posts
I rode to Huntsville AL for a soccer tournament, last night and tonight. Rain got me just as I left for home yesterday, gusty 30 MPH winds too. Almost got more rain again but it held off with barometer staying up and drier air too. Was happy to not suit up in the rain gear.

News of COVID-19 was being talked about several hours ago while there. Overheard someone say a limit of 200 people in one place was mentioned.
Alabama schools K-12 will close beginning March 18 and last 2 1/2 weeks. We were one of the last States to get this trouble, so probably lucky for that.

Keep 'social distancing' everyone! ;)

·
Founding member / Distinguished
3,655 Posts
We will be coming that way with our son next week. Hopefully the museums and other attractions are not all closed by then.

·
Bronze member
1,379 Posts
We will be coming that way with our son next week. Hopefully the museums and other attractions are not all closed by then.
Sorry to say a lot is shutting down now.
For example one of the main things in Huntsville Alabama, the US space and rocket center:
“Due to the ever-changing situation with the COVID-19 virus and out of an abundance of caution, the Rocket Center is closing the museum, Friday, March 13 at 5 p.m. The museum will remain closed through Friday, April 3, to limit potential exposure of COVID-19 to visitors and staff. We will assess the current situation, Friday, March 27 and provide an updated statement at that time.”

Barbers motorsport museum outside of Birmingham might be open, I didn’t see anything online saying otherwise. However they have canceled an event that was scheduled for April 3-5.

You will definitely want to contact places you were going to visit.
I was looking at Nashville just now and there are a lot of things closing the doors until April, a few just until March 20.

·
Rider
886 Posts
I took a very short ride (under an hour). I stopped to help a fellow biker and his wife who laid his fairly new Roadglide down in a right turn at a traffic light. He said it was his first time riding with a passenger. I’m guessing he hasn’t ridden very long without one. Anyway, they were okay and didn’t seem to heart the bike.

After that, it was wash day.

·
Rider
886 Posts
We rode about 400 miles Saturday.
Wife got her first ferry crossing on a bike at Port Aransas.

View attachment 577988

Goliad TX
View attachment 577989

Presidio La Bahia (Garrison on the Bay) where the actual battle of Goliad was fought. Where 400 Texans were massacred after surrendering to General Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna. It is pretty much sacred ground in Texas. Not nearly as high profile as The Alamo. I wish I had taken the time to get better pics of the far side. This little fort covers about 1/2 a city block and encompasses a small church.

View attachment 577992

And, on the actual grave site of those later buried after the massacre, one of the first Bluebonnets and Indian Paintbrushes of spring!
View attachment 577995

Today is Texas Independence Day!
We rode about 400 miles Saturday.
Wife got her first ferry crossing on a bike at Port Aransas.

View attachment 577988

Goliad TX
View attachment 577989

Presidio La Bahia (Garrison on the Bay) where the actual battle of Goliad was fought. Where 400 Texans were massacred after surrendering to General Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna. It is pretty much sacred ground in Texas. Not nearly as high profile as The Alamo. I wish I had taken the time to get better pics of the far side. This little fort covers about 1/2 a city block and encompasses a small church.

View attachment 577992

And, on the actual grave site of those later buried after the massacre, one of the first Bluebonnets and Indian Paintbrushes of spring!
View attachment 577995

Today is Texas Independence Day!
[mention]Wharf Rat [/mention], which one of you went to OK State?

I got my MBA from OSU in 2000.

·
Premium Member
1,413 Posts
@Jarine88
Me. Got my BS in '90. CEAT
My wife is the real Aggie. I tell her, there are few of us Okie Aggies so we have to be more potent.

Now, I know we have to connect for a beverage or two and some miles.

·
Premium Member
1,413 Posts
Social Distance Sunday

Found out this was my last ride for a couple of weeks. Doctor checked the MRI on my knee yesterday (Monday) found stress fractures in the bulb of the femur - at the knee. I did not know large bones like the femur has soft ends, under a hard thin shell. To keep it from getting deformed, leading to really bad stuff (like replacement), he will drill and inject it with goop that hardens. He asked when I wanted to schedule surgery. I looked at my calendar, asked how long is healing time? Told him I have a Hill Country ride scheduled next month. He said, "I can get you in Thursday -- 10 days, maybe 2 weeks and you should be ready to ride. What kind of bike do you ride?" I told him an Indian Roadmaster. and described it. He laughed and said something about getting one, when the nurse stepped in. All she heard was "Big Indian" and her eyes bugged out, then blurted, at me, not him, "You can't ride that big of a motorcycle! Not with that knee!" Doc calmly turned and said, " I thinking about me. Don't worry about him, he won't miss his trip."

My kind of Doc!

·
Bronze member
1,379 Posts
Sheltering in place… on the road.

7321 - 7340 of 7388 Posts