Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

7301 - 7320 of 7375 Posts

·
Founding member / Distinguished
3,634 Posts
I rode my Scout yesterday about 65 miles or so in two rides. It was a nice sunny afternoon with 63 degrees and a light breeze. Made a couple of stops for refreshments, one at a friend's place to talk motorcycles of course.

·
Super Moderator
5,644 Posts
I took my 10 year old daughter for her first ride today. Short trip to town and back. She's hooked. When we got home she was in the shed digging out the mini bike asking me how to bob it out and wondering what color we could paint it.. I've created a monster. ?:eek:
DO IT ! That is a memory that will remain with her for life. Teach her how to wrench, ride, etc.

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
Got in a total of about 300 miles this weekend around the area. I forgot to take any pics except these of a woman determined to turn her own bike around in the drive. She made it too.

One day she is going to join and find out I post these. That is a day you will gain a member and lose a member.
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Started it up yesterday planing on a short ride once the driveway dried up so today was the day. 68’ in western NY so got a 70 mi ride in and managed a pic in Painted Post.

·
Bronze member
2,100 Posts
Did I ride today??????? You bet your a** I did! Why?? Cause #1: the sun was shining. #2: the sky was a bright blue with no clouds. And #3,the temp got all the way up to 74*F!! So I covered alittle over 100 miles and saw a sh** load of other scooters out as well!! Life is good!! Dave!!!

·
Rider
902 Posts
NO dammit! Like yesterday the sun is shining and temps are warm enough. Other riders are riding by and I'm sure that they would be smiling, except that it's an apparent requirement among cruiser riders that they scowl at all times in order to look TOUGH. Thanks to the coverage of full-face helmets, you can't see the faces of the sport-bike riders.
My Roadmaster is locked up in a trailer 40 miles away.... Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....
IF I could be in the wind, I would be smiling and to hell with the union rules.
;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Road my friends new 2020 Scout, and adjusted the rear wheel alignment on this new work stand, originally drawn for the Armed Force Motorcycle Mechanics Fort Knox School 1942.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I need to make a video, but here's how it works: The rear leg is hinged and spring loaded. To get it down, I hold the handlebars, kick the leg forward, and pull the bike out of the wheel chock. The platform tilts to the ramp position and the bike rolls down. To put the bike up, the platform is in the ramp position. Roll the bike up, as the center of gravity of the bike passes the pivot point of the ramp, the platform tilts to horizontal, and the rear spring loaded leg pops into position. It's easy to use and works wonderfully for the Scout.

·
Rider
837 Posts
Working from home today and decided to take my bike down the road for lunch (barbacoa tacos)...

well, that 2 mile ride turned into a 53 mile ride...

79 degrees and sunny with nice, white clouds

E2BF4F95-B3E1-40A4-A9DE-EA3AA1A86EAF.jpeg
A28E9070-CC16-43D8-9C5B-4B81B93FF57E.jpeg
6B2829A1-FD68-45AB-9A0F-63E7E10778D3.jpeg
22A2648A-0BE4-4151-942B-B073FA0E11DD.jpeg

·
Bronze member
3,727 Posts
It was about 70 here in NE MO today...rebuilt the carb on my Hodaka this afternoon...running great again..stirred up a little dust on my evening ride:cool:
Hi. I very rarely come across a fellow Hodaka owner. I had a few of them back in the early 70s and used to prep race motors for MX for them.

In 2008 I bought a Kawasaki Versys 650, which was an unusual looking bike in its day, and a weird name. I got so weary of people asking what kind of bike it was I stripped all the branding off it and had a sign maker do me up some new stickers. I figured if I was going to lie about the brand, I might as well also lie about the motor cc and it became a Road Toad 750. :)

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Did 300 miles last Monday, have not rode since. Rained out in SoCal go figure.

7301 - 7320 of 7375 Posts