Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Did you ride today

625694 Views 9843 Replies 1105 Participants Last post by  Maddog22
I thought it would be fun to read about our riding adventures.

I got out today and rode 54 miles on my Yamaha 850XS. The sky was blue and it was a warm 62 degrees afternoon, just right for the first ride of the year. The bike fired right up and ran like a champ no problems after sitting in the garage for 3 months. I buy my gas from a place that has 100% gas, no ethanol. I rode alone as I do most of the time. I have several routes, I call them laps, than I ride. Today's was on the river road run that is nice with a lot of curves and scenic views of the lake. The roads are all two lane and not very much traffic. The posted speed limits are 45 but on my bike 60 feels just right. Some of this is why I love to ride in the country; number of red lights 1, no. of cars I needed to pass 1, cars that passed me 0, cop cars 0, curves in the road many, smiles on my face - all the time. I didn't want to come home but the sun was going down and so was the temperature so I returned to my nest. I can't tell you how great that ride made me feel. Hell, I don't need to , you already know. Get busy riding my brothers and sisters and let's hear about it. Photos would be great too.
Reactions: 5
3081 - 3100 of 9844 Posts
Yes, I am riding today. Here's me at the taco place. See if you can discern what's across the street.
Yes, I am riding today. Here's me at the taco place. See if you can discern what's across the street.
Ostriches? Emus?
Cycling Bicycle Vehicle Endurance sports Cycle sport
Race track Motorsport Racing Vehicle Sport venue
Rode the oval at Colorado National Speedway at the vintage bike show, supposed to be "parade laps" :). Got the Sportsman Flyer up to about 50, good fun, and saw a lot of cool bikes including some sweet Indians. Thanks to Ron S. For the bottom pic.
See less See more
Reactions: 1
Although had Plans for taking my Scout up for this, Enjoyed my Victory Cross Country up at the Victory Southeast Rally Riding Wolfpen Gap , The Dragon, Cherohola, and Others .. Just Got my picture of the Vic on the Dragon chose the best one that shows the Bike and not my ugly mug .. :)

Another View ..

See less See more
Reactions: 3
Big bird.
Got my 2015 Chieftain with Stage One and Stage Two and a PCv dynoed by KMC Powersports since they specialize in Indian and Victory motorcycles.

Then went on a quick 100 miles ride through the Texas Hill Country to check out the performance.

>---------> >---------> >--------->

Live Free - Ride Hard - Die Well
Did not, husband did, got drenched on the way back (told him so...). First shot is outside Italy, Texas (pronounced It-ly). Second outside Milford, the third almost to Dallas on the way back.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Vehicle Motor vehicle Mode of transport Motorcycle Transport
Helmet Personal protective equipment Motorcycle helmet Sky Cloud
See less See more
A great day.
Breakfast with old-time tunes and then a tour of the high Sierra.
Vehicle Photography Landscape Art
See less See more
Reactions: 4
Found me a spot on a corner where they turned, and watched the Hot Rod Classic car run from LA to KS pass through town. Over 2000 of them. It took almost 3 hours for them to pass. The chief of police asked me about my Scout. I went and had a lunch special, and then for some light grocery shopping Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Car
See less See more
A little late posting this. I took the Scout to Skyline Drive, Shenandoah National Park on Sunday. The picture is at Indian Run Overlook. Seemed fitting.

Attachments

See less See more
Rode up to Mackinaw City today, 290 miles. Tomorrow the UP!

See less See more
Reactions: 4
Text Map Line Font Organism
Natural landscape Nature Water resources Body of water Mountainous landforms
Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Mode of transport Motorcycling
Joined Fritz the Cat on his new Roadmaster on a ride from the Delta/Valley to the East slope of the Sierra and back. Up hwy 4 and over Ebbett's Pass (8730 feet) down to Markleville (5531) and back up and over Carson Pass (8652) on hwy 88. Took all day, was windy, but good company, awesome roads and scenery.
See less See more
Finished my ride to Minneapolis today. The Scout performed great.

Did 300 miles a day for the last 3 days. I'm sore. In lots of places.
Was planning to drive my car to a glass and pottery auction sat mourning but decided I did not want to spend a bunch of money.
So took my scout out for a spin. Went to breakfast first then planned on heading east but ran into what looked like paving ahead so then headed north.
Ended up in millersburg Ohio and with my behind going numb from the stock seat decided to shop a few antique stores.
First place l stopped had a few pieces of glass I wanted but would have had them hold them till I had my car.
So bought the one piece and put it in my backpack and rode a different route home .

So had a blast with a 100 mile trip and scored a killer piece of pre 1850 flint glass decanter with original stopper in the piller mold pattern.
Great day and great weather.
Reactions: 2
Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Mode of transport Moped
saw these on the side of the road while out for a ride today and had to stop for a picture
See less See more
Reactions: 2
450 today and 700 tomorrow coming back from California (Napa) visit w my son for Father's Day. And I'll be back out again next month for his wedding. Hwy 50. ( Utah section is very bleak and in need of repaving ). And for gawds sake do NOT stay at the Ramada Inn in Ely -- ghastly bad.

HINK
3081 - 3100 of 9844 Posts