Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Did you ride today

566097 9425
I thought it would be fun to read about our riding adventures.

I got out today and rode 54 miles on my Yamaha 850XS. The sky was blue and it was a warm 62 degrees afternoon, just right for the first ride of the year. The bike fired right up and ran like a champ no problems after sitting in the garage for 3 months. I buy my gas from a place that has 100% gas, no ethanol. I rode alone as I do most of the time. I have several routes, I call them laps, than I ride. Today's was on the river road run that is nice with a lot of curves and scenic views of the lake. The roads are all two lane and not very much traffic. The posted speed limits are 45 but on my bike 60 feels just right. Some of this is why I love to ride in the country; number of red lights 1, no. of cars I needed to pass 1, cars that passed me 0, cop cars 0, curves in the road many, smiles on my face - all the time. I didn't want to come home but the sun was going down and so was the temperature so I returned to my nest. I can't tell you how great that ride made me feel. Hell, I don't need to , you already know. Get busy riding my brothers and sisters and let's hear about it. Photos would be great too.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
We went to a church dinner in Festina , Iowa . Got caught in a bit of rain on the way up . Food was very good . They have a pretty neat set up to cook the chicken . Walked around the church cemetery , many old markers . A few church members wanted to talk about my bike as we were getting ready to leave . Stopped at a small classic car show in Fayette , Iowa . That's my bike hiding behind the Mustang .A good day for us .
Speedometer Odometer Motor vehicle Gauge Automotive design
Wheel Land vehicle Tire Car Vehicle
Food Tableware Plate Ingredient Table
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire
Sky Cloud Plant Window Building
Plant Photograph White Nature Cemetery
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

·
Registered
431 Posts
I went out this afternoon solo .It looked like it might rain this weekend , so I figured I should get some miles in while the weather was good .
Change the quality setting to 720 H D .
Motor vehicle Gauge Speedometer Measuring instrument Vehicle

·
Registered
431 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
We rode to the local Harley dealership on Saturday . It was the stores 17th anniversary party . The local HOG chapter was serving brats , hot dogs , burgers and beer .. It was a bit cooler out around 55 degrees , overcast and there was a chance for rain . When we pulled into the lot there were 3 other motorcycles and a whole lot of cars and pick up trucks . We parked the Indian right by the front door next to the other 3 people who chose to ride . Looked at bikes on the showroom floor . ate some food and had 2 cans of Pepsi . We talked to quite a few people we knew who ride , but we had not seen them all Winter . The cake was good .
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Table Wood Picture frame Bench Wood stain
Food Dishware Tableware Ingredient Plate

·
Registered
431 Posts
1 - 20 of 43 Posts