Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Did you ride today

580788 Views 9525 Replies 1089 Participants Last post by  ferraiolo1
I thought it would be fun to read about our riding adventures.

I got out today and rode 54 miles on my Yamaha 850XS. The sky was blue and it was a warm 62 degrees afternoon, just right for the first ride of the year. The bike fired right up and ran like a champ no problems after sitting in the garage for 3 months. I buy my gas from a place that has 100% gas, no ethanol. I rode alone as I do most of the time. I have several routes, I call them laps, than I ride. Today's was on the river road run that is nice with a lot of curves and scenic views of the lake. The roads are all two lane and not very much traffic. The posted speed limits are 45 but on my bike 60 feels just right. Some of this is why I love to ride in the country; number of red lights 1, no. of cars I needed to pass 1, cars that passed me 0, cop cars 0, curves in the road many, smiles on my face - all the time. I didn't want to come home but the sun was going down and so was the temperature so I returned to my nest. I can't tell you how great that ride made me feel. Hell, I don't need to , you already know. Get busy riding my brothers and sisters and let's hear about it. Photos would be great too.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
166 Posts
Colorado weather surprised us this weekend with mid 70 degree weather in November so had to take the opportunity and ride yesterday and today. No pictures unfortunately of the ride itself but it was a low tempo combined 180 miles over both days. I'm still contemplating 'parking it' for the season but who knows what the weather will look like tomorrow in Colorado!
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

· Registered
166 Posts
EDIT to be clear I didn't take the muscle relaxers until AFTER the ride

Threw my back out and the doctor prescribed some muscle relaxers - figured if I'm gonna be hurting anyways I might has well take a jaunt around town and then come home to "rest and recoop". Wind therapy felt good, almost hit 60 over here. Supposed to snow next 3 days so bad back or not I couldn't pass it up. She needs a major bath though!
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Plant

· Registered
166 Posts
Went out for some low speed maneuvering practice and dragged the wife and kids along - hid her gear in the trunk of the car and when we got there decided it was time for beginners lessons and she did it! She did a great job as I expected she would. And before anyone says it - it is absolutely my intention to get her bit by the bug and add another bike to the garage 😉 (the ultimate goal would be to give her the bobber and I'll go get a springfield darkhorse or chieftain)
Tire Wheel Sky Plant Vehicle

· Registered
166 Posts
How did the Sixty do power wise at those altitudes? When we went through Colorado 5 years ago my 2.4L Sonata wouldn't go over 45 at 10,000 feet
It didn't do too bad but to be honest with the switchbacks and hairpins and crappy roads it's not like you can really use much power up there anyways. Did have some interesting throttle issues that me and another rider chalked up to the tune and/or heat of the day. With no hand on the theottle at all the bike would attempt to accelerate when I release the clutch (at speed)

· Registered
166 Posts
Nothing special, just commuted to work today. I got a viking dagr sissy bar bag I've been using too but wanted better strap options so it's off today. Rok straps arrived when I got home so it's back on now I'll get another picture tomorrow

(Fun fact, that drain hole frequently houses our local bobcat.. let's just say I walk to my bike on edge while staring at the whole hoping she isn't there today 😂)

Tire Plant Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

· Registered
166 Posts
Flying out to Colorado today to start a eight day run thru Colorado, New Mexico. a smidget of Texas, Arizona and Utah.
Well if you're not already here I'll tell ya it's absolutely gorgeous weather out here right now! Quite a bit of fog this morning near the foothills but thats all gone now

· Registered
166 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts