Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Took a nice 150 mile ride north of Houston today...Sam Houston National Forest route around Lake Conroe, up to Huntsville, east to Cold Spring, and back to the city. The morning temps were nice (for Texas anyway), but by noon it was good to be back home, as t it was getting up there.

Got my first check engine light on the Bobber 60...haven't checked it yet but I'm 99 percent sure it's the battery/starting voltage. Still the stock one ( 2 years old now) and I noticed the voltage before starting was at 12.2, so she's probably on her way out. I have a NOCO lithium on order along with their Genius 2 charger (finally be able to leave both bikes on the trickle charge at the same time) and their lithium 500 amp booster pack. I'll post a review once I use it for a bit.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Yep. Probably the battery . I replaced mine a few weeks ago and like yours almost 2 years old. I did buy battery acid and put some in the plugged holes as it was almost dry in some . did come back to life . But I'm using it as a backup battery for my generator.
I think I'll reuse the old one to double the voltage on the kiddo's power wheel. Might be a fun weekend project 😁

·
Registered
373 Posts
The wife and I took my late Father-in-law's Road King Custom out for the 2022 Ride for the Cure (Pediatric Brain Tumor Association) benefit ride in Montgomery, Tx. He passed in February from a brain tumor and he was the one that got me started on two wheels, so it was a tough day. I'd guestimate there were about 200 bikes, give or take, there for the ride.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tire

·
Registered
373 Posts
A good way to pay your respects and remember him. Tough day but well done. Some Happy Memories you will have.
Thanks. The HD was something he wanted for most of his life (He had a few Japanese cruisers before) and he finally bought this one brand new off the showroom floor. Unfortunately due to the work he put in for his family, he was only able to put 5200 miles on it in 15 years, but most of those miles were with his baby girl, my wife, sitting on the back seat. She is still so heartbroken, but hopefully we can continue making memories with it and hopefully I can pass it down to my kiddos one day. Even though we used to jokingly trash talk about Harley vs Indian, he did pick, IMO, one of the best looking models HD has out out in the past 20 years 😁👍.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Very sad , saw this news story on Saturday after we got home . On Friday a motorcyclist died in a crash on one of the same roads we had just been on .
ALLAMAKEE COUNTY, Iowa (KWWL) – A Minnesota man is dead following a motorcycle accident in Allamakee County yesterday afternoon.

The Allamakee County Sheriff said it happened around 4:15 p.m. on Great River Road north of the intersection of Wexford Hollow Drive, between Harpers Ferry and Lansing.

Paul Werner, 62, of Shakopee, Minnesota was riding the motorcycle south on Great River Road when he failed to make the curve and lost control. He died at the scene from his injuries.

The Allamakee County Sheriff's Office is investigating the crash. Minnesota man dies in Allamakee County motorcycle accident | News | kwwl.com
Sorry to hear that. It's gotten so common around here. I'm on the outskirts of Houston and with a metro area population approaching 8 million people, it seems like I see two to three of these articles every weekend in the local news 😔. Between distracted driving, impaired driving, or just plain reckless driving, they take out someone every weekend....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts