Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

Registered
Nice 5hr ride w Julie. Glorious day! To Florissant via Woodland Park and Deckers. Both bikes running great! Scalped some Harleys on the big upgrade south of Buffalo Creek 鈥 first a solo HD rider who tried to smoke us, then a couple on two HD鈥檚. Left em all in the dust (and never saw them again).

View attachment 642925 View attachment 642926
When you say scalping, is it kind of a holeshot race or over a particular distance race or a stoplight to stoplight race? I just mean because I ride extremely aggressive with my Challenger and I will take on pretty much anyone depending upon the road I'm on or what particular mood I'm in at the moment. Short of getting caught by the local gendarmes or State Police or the sheriff's department for racing, I'm always up for seeing whoever is the better motorcycle rider or who has the fastest motorcycle. The two are not necessarily the same I was just wondering, what does the scalping that I have been reading about since Indian was reintroduced back in late 2013 mean? In all honesty it doesn't sound very woke.

Registered
Maybe I missed something when I read Hink鈥檚 post but I didn鈥檛 see the word 鈥渟calped鈥. 鈥淪moked鈥 was used though.

Sent from my iPhone using
I just read it again. Now I see it.
Yeah you missed it. I was feeling a little churlish when I wrote that. That's bad on me.
Over in this neck of the woods though it was a great weekend for a ride and I am happy for anyone whenever they have a chance to do some good riding and maybe a little good off the track racing while out on their motorcycle. As long as no one gets hurt of course.

Registered
Simply a high-speed pass that they cannot match. The term has been around since I joined the tribe.

Is it 鈥渨oke?鈥 Probly not 鈥 but neither am I.
Actually I'm just waking up myself right now. But no matter how awake I'll be throughout the day I most certainly will not be woke either. Some people say one should not be proud of that. To those people, I politely tell them to go have sex with themselves.
I just posted to another dude that when I wrote that I was feeling a little bit snarky and probably even a little grumpy. I was tired from a fantastic weekend of riding motorcycle and a little sad that it came to an end.
It's Monday and now the start of another work week. A busy week this week. Looking forward to the next week, when I'm on vacation and Sturgis bound.

Registered
I love America's small towns with their beautiful town squares and fancy courthouses. There was a time when communities showed they were serious about dealing with crime and lawbreakers.
Wisconsin seems to have a lot of little towns like that throughout the state. One can drive through some of them and not have to squint very hard and you can almost imagine what it looks like 60 years or 70 or more years ago.

Registered
Rode 398 miles round trip up to Pembine, Wisconsin to a memorial service yesterday, it was a true celebration of a life well lived. Today will be a more leisurely ride possibly down towards Madison, Wisconsin and the Indian dealership in Fitchburg.

Registered
Rode 256.5.5 miles today. Stopped at Carpet City in Green Bay picked out some flooring for the computer room and bedroom. Went up to Highway 29 and cut over to 39. Stopped and had pizza at Gorski's in Mosinee, well worth checking out their Pizza. Finished the ride out here in Rapids.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts