Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm finally close to getting the Chief Vintage that I've been dreaming about for a long time now. There's a great deal on a new 2018 in my area, but it's sky blue and white - with stage 1 exhaust, passengers backrest and luggage rack, and the chrome upgrade for the engine. The blue is a nice looking color, but it's not what I would choose as my favorite. The tempting part is the price are offering it to me. Just curious as to how many of you had THE color you wanted and wouldn't settle for anything else.

·
Rider
1,591 Posts
I saw the blue and white first wasn’t crazy about it and I had been eyeballing the willow green and cream. They had just got one in and I went back to their staging area and got a chance to see it and fell in love with the color. End of story 4,300 miles and stage 2 it’s the 3rd motorcycle I’ve owned and my favorite.

·
Rider
944 Posts
My brother sent me a text telling me that a friend of his has moved into the area I live in and he said he knows no one here (1800 mile move) and I should go visit him at his job. Yes, his job is at an Indian dealership not too far from where I live. I went to visit on his first day of work and right in front of me was a pearl white and silver 2018 RM. I thought nice looking but it's white and I always told myself I would not buy white. Then I looked at the price tag and it was discounted to the hilt and I began to think about it. An hour later I was signing the papers on my new RM. I most likely would not buy another white bike but I like this one very much now.

·
Rider
639 Posts
I'm finally close to getting the Chief Vintage that I've been dreaming about for a long time now. There's a great deal on a new 2018 in my area, but it's sky blue and white - with stage 1 exhaust, passengers backrest and luggage rack, and the chrome upgrade for the engine. The blue is a nice looking color, but it's not what I would choose as my favorite. The tempting part is the price are offering it to me. Just curious as to how many of you had THE color you wanted and wouldn't settle for anything else.
NOW I KNOW ITS NOT GOING TO BE MY BIKE!! BUT I really like the blue and white color combo! I see plenty of the green & cream I prefer to have something different! Just my 2 cents!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Unlike an earlier post, I went into getting my 2020 Scout wanting white. It took awhile for the dealer to find one and get it delivered. But every single time I see my ride I get a smile on my face. Having said that, knowing you got a helluva deal, and for a bike you love to ride... well, nothing wrong with that, either!

·
Rider
987 Posts
Plus "favorite" color seems to vary from time to time. My favorite color was the green and cream (which is my current bike), but as beautiful as it may be, I'm kinda sick of it, and would kill to have a mat black bike (all blacked out), and if I knew a bike painter who would do it for couple of hundred $ without effing up the bike, I would do it in a heart beat.

That's why it really comes down to how strongly you feel about your "favorite" color, and how much you like or dislike the deal bike (in this case the blue and white).

·
Banned
4,925 Posts
Another vote for the green'n cream. Little over a year ago I saw a '15 willow green & cream Vintage on the interweb in PA. I rented a Uhaul and did a little road trip :). In two years I've seen two Indians on the road. So as popular as the colors may be, I'm still original, at least around here LOL. 100_6828.JPG

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Which color is your favorite? If you like the blue and white (beautiful bike by the way) and the price is really good, and the favorite color thing is flexible, then go for it.
If you have one single fixed color in mind, then wait so you don't regret it.
My favorite would be the black and yellow!

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
My wife picked the color, but it grew on me. Now, I am fairly certain that I have the only willow green and cream Indian Roadmaster in Bavaria. When I went to the Indian Rider's Fest in Czech last year, I was one of three WG/C Indians out of 400+ bikes from across Europe.

Reactions: Georgia Boy

·
Rider
985 Posts
I would say that if you have the colors black and yellow as your favorites then go for that. If you settle on a color that is "OKAY" to you now in 6 months it might not be and you will regret it. Black and yellow is definitely unique. When I went shopping for my bike I only wanted the grey and burgundy color scheme and that is what I got. Very happy with it. I would not have gotten the bike in another color.

I got a decent deal on it considering that it was a 19 MY that I bought in January 19 because there were some really great incentives at the time like the IMRG $1,000 off and the Military $750 off along with what the dealer gave me off.

Could I have gotten a better deal the next year on a leftover? Maybe, but the SF does not get discounted as much as other models due to what you get for the price. That was the last year for the Burgundy on grey color scheme(they flipped it in 2020) but instead of steel grey it is the titanium color. Haven't seen the titanium in person but it looks more like silver to me whereas the steel grey has a champagne tint to it.

If I would have waited then I probably wouldn't have gotten the color I wanted and no bike.

I know long post and I could probably go on but you get the idea.

Get what you want and do not settle! You will regret it later!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Have Owned several color bikes through the years they all ran fine. When I purchased my first Harley sportster in 93 it had to be blue, my current bike is Silver smoke, first flat color for me, like you are considering I found a left over 18 Chieftain for a fair price. With what I saved on purchase I added stage two and am still slightly ahead of the game P.S. I like the blue

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
What color is YOUR favorite?

In a few years any money you saved won’t mean as much as how you feel when you look at your bike.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
410 Posts
Hands down, to me anyways, the blue and white Vintage is the nicest looking motorcycle made today. I ended up buying the black Vintage and am satisfied with it. I plan to do a few things to it to enhance it's looks.

There's a new willow green Vintage sitting on the dealer floor.....it looks pretty good also.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Willow green and Cream was always my dream bike. But when I went to the dealer and they had a great deal on Chieftain DH Black, well, I just changed my mind. The Green/Cream still sits in my mind, but I LOVE my Chieftain.

·
Bronze member
2016 Indian Scout
1,851 Posts
When I first saw the new Scout, I had to have it but only in the original Indian Red. Since they only offered 3 colors in 2016 and black or white were the other choices, obviously it would be red. Wouldn't change or trade for a different color, although the Scouts have come out with some nice combinations of colors. DSCF0740.JPG

1 - 20 of 58 Posts