Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year, for the first time ever, I entered #37 in a car and motorcycle show. I was honored to walk away with the "Best of Show" award last year. :cool:

Did a little SCALPING of my own today...

This year I entered again (because it was fun and met/spoke to a LOT of people). There were more bikes this year, all total I think I counted 25, less any late entrants. There were 2 categories, American and Foreign. This year there was another Indian Chief in the show, a Big Dog and the rest were that other brand (for the American category).

I'm happy to announce that I successfully defended my title!! [happy] I won First Place, the Big Dog won second place and the other Indian Chief won "Best of Category" and I received the "Best of Show" award again!! [woot]

Advertising Poster Font Label Vehicle

First Place and BEST OF SHOW!

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Motorcycle accessories

Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Chopper

The Big Dog that won Second Place, great guy who owns it!!

....and just in case anyone wants to know, the "other brand" bikes didn't place. [sorry]

·
Original member / Distinguished
5,901 Posts
I would never have thought to enter a newer machine in a classic show for judging. A little confused now as to exactly what they consider a classic.

·
Super Moderator
4,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The show is put on by Dallas Mopar Club. They call it a classic car show but there are like 30 categories ranging from pre 1930's, 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's and 2000 and up model cars and turcks. Everything from a Model T Ford, a Diamond T pick-up to brand new Vettes.

Dallas MOPAR Club

Pretty damned hot but it was still a lot of fun! I watched the guy parked next to me, who rides that other brand, polishing my bike. He looked up and seen me watching him and said, someone touched it and left finger prints. I thought that was nice of him and thanked him. :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Last year, for the first time ever, I entered #37 in a car and motorcycle show. I was honored to walk away with the "Best of Show" award last year. :cool:

Did a little SCALPING of my own today...

This year I entered again (because it was fun and met/spoke to a LOT of people). There were more bikes this year, all total I think I counted 25, less any late entrants. There were 2 categories, American and Foreign. This year there was another Indian Chief in the show, a Big Dog and the rest were that other brand (for the American category).

I'm happy to announce that I successfully defended my title!! [happy] I won First Place, the Big Dog won second place and the other Indian Chief won "Best of Category" and I received the "Best of Show" award again!! [woot]

View attachment 49716

First Place and BEST OF SHOW!

View attachment 49717

View attachment 49718

The Big Dog that won Second Place, great guy who owns it!!

....and just in case anyone wants to know, the "other brand" bikes didn't place. [sorry]

Congrats!!! Real nice....

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,503 Posts
Excellent! You are undefeated!! You keep your bike like new. Congrats and continue winning.

Reactions: Shuje Sunge

·
Founding Member
434 Posts
Congratulations! At times I do miss my 2014 Vintage 1137, but my new Roadmaster is a joy to ride. I'll keep a handful of musket balls in the glove box.Have a great 4th of July better known as "Independence Day."

·
Super Moderator
4,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Congratulations! At times I do miss my 2014 Vintage 1137, but my new Roadmaster is a joy to ride. I'll keep a handful of musket balls in the glove box.Have a great 4th of July better known as "Independence Day."
Thanks Ingle, I'm sure that RM is a nice and cushy ride!! Hope you're having a great Independence Day too!

Very cool, Andrew! Gorgeous bike. Way to represent!
Thanks! Red, didn't get a chance to speak this year, like I did last year, but I'm sure they all know Indian Is Back!!

Excellent! You are undefeated!! You keep your bike like new. Congrats and continue winning.
If everything goes well I'll have my second set of tins done and I'll have a different look for next year!!

·
Gold member
6,463 Posts
Congratulations; someone at the trophy shop needs to be told to etch a motorcycle on the plaques! I was surprised at my trophy was handed to me from a HOG member, I was shocked first to win and not have entered and secondly The HOG group in NewYork swallowed their pride and gave the trophy to an Indian; the fastest Chief! Says Polari/Indian. If it's a bike show should show a motorcycle not just cars doesn't cost them anymore. Anyway congrats and make sure you shoot us a picture of the new paint on the tins. Ron

·
Super Moderator
4,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Congratulations; someone at the trophy shop needs to be told to etch a motorcycle on the plaques! I was surprised at my trophy was handed to me from a HOG member, I was shocked first to win and not have entered and secondly The HOG group in NewYork swallowed their pride and gave the trophy to an Indian; the fasted Chief! Says Polari/Indian. If it's a bike show should show a motorcycle not just cars doesn't cost them anymore. Anyway congrats and make sure you shoot us a picture of the new paint on the tins. Ron
Thanks!!

When I won last year the Mopar club stated they would have the Best of Class winners on the following years t-shirts so there were quite a few photos taken of #37 by the club. When I pre-registered I asked and agreed to pay for 10 additional shirts, I asked how the bike looks on the shirt, the guy said there is no bike on this years shirts. I asked why, citing what I was told last year, he said the Best of Show CARS are on the new shirts but no motorcycle. :(

Oh well, maybe next year?

·
Gold member
6,463 Posts
Thanks!!

When I won last year the Mopar club stated they would have the Best of Class winners on the following years t-shirts so there were quite a few photos taken of #37 by the club. When I pre-registered I asked and agreed to pay for 10 additional shirts, I asked how the bike looks on the shirt, the guy said there is no bike on this years shirts. I asked why, citing what I was told last year, he said the Best of Show CARS are on the new shirts but no motorcycle. :(

Oh well, maybe next year?

Listen up, make 3X large t/shirts with Motorcycles on them fairly big (BIG) and in the back ground make some very small old jellopies with the name of the car show, sponsors etc; do a first place 2nd & 3rd! And hand them in upon signing up! So when they hand out shirts take the one you won and also take a car one that they make and give that shirt to your favorite car there even if they didn't win! The following year they'll smarten up whether there is 10 bikes or 50 bikes there is some money to their pot! Let them know that, we bring in these bikes and its part of the entertainment and should be recognized as such!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts