Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Denali Soundbomb on a Bobber?

10K views 55 replies 17 participants last post by  seapig 
#1 ·
Does anybody know if the Denali Soundbomb Compact Air Horn will fit on a 2018 Bobber? I know they make a specific mount for the 2015-17 Scout, but Revzilla's site flags it as a questionable fit. Thanks in advance.

#7 ·
IMHO putting highway bars on the Bobber really defeats the purpose. If it wasn’t for wanting to ride the snot out of without ruining the front of the tank, my face, and back, I’d have taken the front and rear fender off by now.

I would like to see if someone finds a decent spot for a Denali. A better horn that isn’t obvious would be nice.

#8 ·
Even though the highway bars aren't typically a "stripped down" bobber feature, I love the way they look on the Indian Bobber. I think it gives it a wider and lower aggressive stance - reminiscent of a slammed muscle car. That's one of my favorite parts of motorcycles (and cars) - you modify and make it your own. It's so much fun to see everybody's vision of their perfect bike.

#12 ·
bump.. did anyone try this? I'm gonna order the SoundBomb and sacout bracket for my Bobber from RevZilla. twistedthrottle.com sells the same exact part number and bracket and states it will work with a Bobber.

I'm gonna try ordering one. I would like to get highwaybars eventually, but can't imagine this thin bracket for the soundbomb would actually interfere with the install of highway bars.

Anyone got highwaybars + soundbomb and can confirm?

Thanks!

#19 ·
Here's a couple of close-ups. It's kinda hard to see, but the mounting bracket attaches to the frame between the upper highway bar mount and the frame. The other end of the bracket is attached to the horn by a single bolt. It's a bit of a chore to get everything lined up but it works great once it's in place. I've been running this setup for over 6,500 miles and haven't had to adjust anything.

Also this wiring harness makes it super easy to wire in the horn.

Denali Plug-N-Play Wiring Harness For Dual-Tone Airhorns - RevZilla

It uses the existing horn wires to trigger the relay, and the other end runs to the battery under the seat. There's plenty of wire so you don't have to worry about running out and there isn't any splicing required. Though, I did modify my wiring harness so both the stock and air horn work.

Auto part Vehicle Engine Fuel line Suspension

Auto part Fuel line Engine Automotive engine part Vehicle

#29 ·
Here's a couple of close-ups. It's kinda hard to see, but the mounting bracket attaches to the frame between the upper highway bar mount and the frame. The other end of the bracket is attached to the horn by a single bolt. It's a bit of a chore to get everything lined up but it works great once it's in place. I've been running this setup for over 6,500 miles and haven't had to adjust anything.

Also this wiring harness makes it super easy to wire in the horn.

Denali Plug-N-Play Wiring Harness For Dual-Tone Airhorns - RevZilla

It uses the existing horn wires to trigger the relay, and the other end runs to the battery under the seat. There's plenty of wire so you don't have to worry about running out and there isn't any splicing required. Though, I did modify my wiring harness so both the stock and air horn work.

View attachment 420678

View attachment 420676

I know this is an older post, but I really appreciate the info and photos. I'm a newbie and have a 21 Indian Scout with highway bars installed. I'm ordering this same horn tonight and hope I can figure out the wiring on it. Someone else on the forums gave me advice about the horn. Sounds like I can't use stock wiring either so I'm ordering their wiring harness.

Thanks for all the good photos.

#25 ·
Late to the party, but I pulled the trigger on a Soundbomb and found an awesome location to mount the compressor with the horn module in the stock horn location. This will only work if you have an aftermarket intake...I removed the stock horn and used the to straight mounting brackets the stock horn used to locate the compressor to the top of the forward cylinder. Then used a $.99 angle bracket to mount the SB horn to the stock location. The “Plug N play” harness from Denali was routed and BOOM. Super clean and no need to mount anywhere to the outside of the bike. And LOUD is an understatement. This thing is re-dunk-u-lous...my commute just got way more interesting.

Attachments

#54 ·
I installed the mini using the OEM wiring... no problem. The big airhorn needs a dedicated line and dedicated breaker rated to the airhorn spec because it includes an air compressor.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.