Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I did a quick comparison between the following horns to be installed on my Scout Bobber:

Denali Soundbomb Mini
PIAA 85114 Slim Line Sports Horn (400hz)
Stock Horn

My final thoughts are Stock sucks.
Denali is maybe a bit louder than PIAA but sounds rough.
PIAA sounds more refined and smoother and just as loud as Denali.

Both install was almost plug and play, had to bend a small metal area with pliers. Took about 10 mins.

Hope this will be helpful for future reference - enjoy!

·
Registered
545 Posts
Where did you find the PIAA for sale? I just did a quick DuckDuckGo search and on Amazon they are selling it as a set with the 400 + 500 together for $44.83 - I'm assuming you've only installed the one horn?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where did you find the PIAA for sale? I just did a quick DuckDuckGo search and on Amazon they are selling it as a set with the 400 + 500 together for $44.83 - I'm assuming you've only installed the one horn?
Yes actually that is the one I bought from Amazon. The 500 sounds a little higher in pitch and I was going to sell it to a friend. If youre interested I can take a video recording of it and if you like the 500 Ill sell it to you for $15 shipped.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I'm just looking for something for the Wifes Bobber to make her a bit "safer" while riding. The stock DOES suck.
If the 500 is louder and doesn't require a complete fabrication of the stock mount (I'm in a plane flying back from London and YouTube is blocked - so can't watch your video)....

·
Read Only
416 Posts
Yes actually that is the one I bought from Amazon. The 500 sounds a little higher in pitch and I was going to sell it to a friend. If youre interested I can take a video recording of it and if you like the 500 Ill sell it to you for $15 shipped.
If Usafle doesn't take you up on that $15 offer, I'm your huckleberry.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm just looking for something for the Wifes Bobber to make her a bit "safer" while riding. The stock DOES suck.
If the 500 is louder and doesn't require a complete fabrication of the stock mount (I'm in a plane flying back from London and YouTube is blocked - so can't watch your video)....
Heres the video of the PIAA 500hz. If interested to buy for $15 let me know:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for being a gentleman. I sent @cbformula a 'PM' a few days ago but still haven't heard back. I trying to purchase it....
Ah sorry I didnt notice the PM, ill connect with you there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts