Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a 170 mile ride to Birmingham to visit Big Number 1 Indian and the Demo Truck. I didn't decide for sure to go untill this morning so I didn't pre-register to ride a Chietan. Got on the list and rode a Vintage. My thoughts follow:

Fit and finish: superb! What else can I say?

Comfort: I'm 6'2' and felt crowded on the foot controls. I had my feet on the front of the boards the entire ride I felt like the toe shifter was too high. Same for the break pedal. I do like that massive break pedal though. The seat felt nice and firm, not quite as roomy as my XC but real comfy. The bars felt very good, like they were right where they belong. Hand controls were nice and easy to use

Handling: This bike has a low CG and loves to dive into the curves. Slow speed handling is very good too. It is nice and stable going down the road. I'd say the bike is truly balanced.

Engine: WOW!!!!!!! What a torque monster! It doesn't care, twist the throttle and go. I didn't have any problem adjusting to the throttle by wire. I actually kind of like it. Especially how it cleans up the bars. I really like the smooth delivery of the power.

I really enjoyed the day and the ride but I'm not getting rid of my XC any time soon. I think Polaris hit a home run and hope Indian does well. I feel like in some small way I got to be a part of a new chapter in their history. Oh, the BBQ was good too. Thanks to Mr. Joe and his great staff!

V

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I dropped by the demo ride at Big Number 1 today just to see the new bikes. I wasn't interested in riding one at this point. I'm still in love with my Kingpin, but they are beautiful bikes. Fit and finish is exactly what I had expected. I'm glad to hear they handle well as I'm sure I'll ride one eventually, just not today.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts