Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Founding member
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be there. I welcome you to come to The Magic City. Let's get our hands on these Indians that we hear so much about.
What can one expect at the demo ride? if you have been to one, give me a heads up. Thanks, hope to see you there.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I rode the Scout this weekend at Lonestar Indian Motorcycles in Garland, Texas. I put a deposit down back in September without having seen one or ridden one and it is everything those who have ridden it say it is. I think I made a good choice. I also road the Roadmaster and that is a pretty suit bike in its own right. Now I can't wait to get my hands on my own. I road every color except red. Red is the color I ordered and I wanted it to remain the one I have not ridden so it would be a new experience once I get mine. Now I am waiting to see folks on here start to get notified come December.

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
Indian Demos in Ocala, FL Nov 15-16 .. Looking Forward to it, hope get to test them all but the Scout is what I really want to get my hands on ..

·
Founding member
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I called the cycle shop, so glad, rides are by appointment. He said the Scouts were the most asked for and the list was almost full. I called nine days before the demo event. He said the test ride was about 30 min time. That's hard to believe but I hope it's true. So get your name in before it's to late.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,354 Posts
I called the cycle shop, so glad, rides are by appointment. He said the Scouts were the most asked for and the list was almost full. I called nine days before the demo event. He said the test ride was about 30 min time. That's hard to believe but I hope it's true. So get your name in before it's to late.
Indian corporate has a policy that says this is not allowed. I hope they don't get caught.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Indian of Lakeland Demo day - Nov 21-22. I'll be there to hopefully test ride the Scout :D

·
Founding member
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What a great experience at the demo ride today 11/12/14 in B'ham. The Scout is an awesome bike to ride. It's so light and easy to handle at low speeds. But it's torque is a blast. A super slick shifting gear box and the engine is smooth as glass. If you are on the fence, and like the looks of the bike, ride one and you will buy one. I did today, with a pick-up date of late January.

·
Founding member
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Elrod
I saw the beat up silver smoke bike that crashed in Tenn. last week.
They are still using it for test rides. Only have two others, red and black. I also got to ride a Chieftain, it also feels real good.
Question, what is a super moderator ?

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Hey Elrod
I saw the beat up silver smoke bike that crashed in Tenn. last week.
They are still using it for test rides. Only have two others, red and black. I also got to ride a Chieftain, it also feels real good.
Question, what is a super moderator ?
I have super forum powers lol jk. When I was asked to be a "moderator" I figured that would be the title and was nicely surprised to see "super moderator" :D

Reactions: aln.brown

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yikes! That's the black Scout I rode last weekend! I was on the 11 am ride so that was the guy who went right after me if that happened at 11:40 am. Hope he's ok. Looks like it was on his first couple turns out of the dealership...3 mins from it. Must have been on the straight away and he just wasnt paying attention to the stop sign and didnt stop in time. Hope he recovers well.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,354 Posts

·
Founding member / distinguished
2,745 Posts
What a great experience at the demo ride today 11/12/14 in B'ham. The Scout is an awesome bike to ride. It's so light and easy to handle at low speeds. But it's torque is a blast. A super slick shifting gear box and the engine is smooth as glass. If you are on the fence, and like the looks of the bike, ride one and you will buy one. I did today, with a pick-up date of late January.
I wanted to go and was planning on being in Birmingham for the test rides. had to work, dammit.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I Hope this guy is alright. I found this in my never ending search for information on the Scout.

Motorcyclist airlifted after crash, other vehicle left scene | www.wsoctv.com[/QUOTE]

I hope the new owners do better. Sounds like Indian is having a rash of bad luck on these demo rides.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts