Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone out there already ordered an Indian, and if so what date are are expecting delivery? Just curious what others are seeing. I just got a call from my dealer, and the Chief Classic I ordered should be here the week of September 23rd... Man its gonna be a loooong month and some change between now and then. I can't wait to meet it in person finally.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
18515 said:
Has anyone out there already ordered an Indian, and if so what date are are expecting delivery? Just curious what others are seeing. I just got a call from my dealer, and the Chief Classic I ordered should be here the week of September 23rd... Man its gonna be a loooong month and some change between now and then. I can't wait to meet it in person finally.
If that holds true you should be one of the first. I believe the Daytona dealer is quoting Nov/Dec if you add your name to the reservations list unless someone in front of you cancels. They claimed 25 on the list as of noon yesterday.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am surprised that my dealer in middle TN would be getting their delivery before DAYTONA! I hope he's not blowing smoke up my tail pipe.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2610 said:
If that holds true you should be one of the first. I believe the Daytona dealer is quoting Nov/Dec if you add your name to the reservations list unless someone in front of you cancels. They claimed 25 on the list as of noon yesterday.
The first seven are supposed to be delivered the first week of Septemeber after that it was a crap shoot, from Oct-Dec to I honestly dont know. He might be one of the first at his dealer to order and that in reality could be his dealers first shipment? No idea there. But CanO, if they have a delivery date, they have a VIN number. Ask your dealer for the VIN and then you will know if he is blowing smoke.

As far as Daytona with 25, they are losing cred with me quickly, the week before they had 35 pre-orders and it was the same gentleman.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
845 said:
But CanO, if they have a delivery date, they have a VIN number. Ask your dealer for the VIN and then you will know if he is blowing smoke.
I may be getting smoke blown... I emailed my dealer and this was his reply:
'Once we receive the invoice from Indian (usually around the time it ships), I will have the VIN.'

I'll keep ya'll posted if I hear anything further.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mine was built last friday and due at the Dealer the end of August.
I have one of the seven that was allocated to the Dealer before orders being taken.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1169 said:
I have one of the seven that was allocated to the Dealer before orders being taken.
Awesome! Keep us posted :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I am sure all dealers at this point have 30 plus on order and a big long list. I bet thats where they push the over MSRP price out the door to be one of the first owners. So who is paying MSRP? I bet not many

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
680 said:
Yeah I am sure all dealers at this point have 30 plus on order and a big long list. I bet thats where they push the over MSRP price out the door to be one of the first owners. So who is paying MSRP? I bet not many
I did.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
680 said:
Actually, from what has been reported I have only heard of one dealer that was trying to push the 'over MSRP' schpiel, and every other dealer out there has been right at MSRP....so, if you want one yesterday, you will be paying MSRP.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Our dealership here in Hawaii said they are receiving their 7 in September. Not sure if they'll have any demos. A few of them have already been spoken for with deposits.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
1169 said:
If you don't mind me asking, which dealer did you purchase this from? Bet you can hardly wait ;-)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
9098 said:
If you don't mind me asking, which dealer did you purchase this from? Bet you can hardly wait ;-)
Ride Motorcycles in Vaughn ( Toronto )
Our local Victory Dealer was not picking up the Indian Brand so I went to the source.
They took my Kingpin in on trade so I was good to go.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just spoke to them yesterday, new delivery date on my Vintage is Sept 10th, it was 'around the 20th'. Just hoping it doesn't get pushed back much further, don't want the weather to turn! I've had a deposit down since early July, suppose to be the first delivery to the Lincoln, NE dealership.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What I don't get is why there's any problem delivering every bike on a dealer's waiting list within the month od September. The numbers simply don't add up, unless Polaris has a 100 dealers opening their doors in the next 6 weeks.
There are what, 15 active dealers as of today? Let's say each one had 30 deposits, that's 450 bikes or roughly 2 week's work at the factory and assuming they started production this week then every bike could be built and shipped by Sept. 1st. I don't understand the '7 bikes' BS.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Slight correction, I now recall Wine saying they were looking at 5000 bikes production for the model year which still means they should be able to fill every order by the end of October.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
2610 said:
From what my dealer told me yesterday that Nov/Dec doesn't sound right at all. I hope my guy was right! :) Those who order today should get bikes by mid Oct, or so, at the latest. Fingers crossed.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My dealer is hoping for 2nd week of Sept at the latest. I hope he's right. I had the 3rd deposit in (at this dealership) about 3 weeks ago (vintage). I hope I don't have to travel 800 miles back to the dealer to pick it up if it's any later arriving as I'm in this area for maybe a month at most before I go home for the winter.

I guess we're all pretty much speculating until they actually start arriving at the dealerships. My dealer did say that they would be receiving 7 bikes initially and then the factory will be replacing them as they are sold so as to keep the floor inventory at 7, but how readily they'll be replaced is yet to be seen. Perhaps this number is dealer specific - I don't know. Seems to me that one of the initial 7 was going be a dealer demo.

Best of luck to all who have ordered new ones. Pretty exciting times for cruisers! Once I redo the 96 I just blew in my Spirit, there'll be 2 Indians in the garage. Doesn't get any better than that, I say.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts