Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 563 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Countdown to what? When Scouts start delivering.

When? We don't know.

I haven't been this impatient for a 'thing' since I was a kid. I check the forum daily, in vain. I wanted to start a thread to capture that spirit now that preorders are closed. The earliest rumor we heard was late September to late October for the earliest deliveries. We had a November, and guaranteed for end of December.

Dealers should start getting show models soon too.

Plus, what's in the commemorative kit?

Look here for news when it shows up, or just go nuts with anticipation in the absence thereof.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have the same sentiment as Blue Sky, I check this forum in vain almost daily... I guess my hope it to see people receiving theirs so I can have the anticipation of knowing mine must be right around the corner.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I too check on a daily basis. I'm kinda torn on the delivery date. As a new immigrant and a Brit, I'm waiting on paperwork so that I can go to the DMV & do a MSF course, without which I can't ride! (And I'm still waiting)...hopefully it will come in any day now so I can learn and get a few months practice in before I get the Scout delivery. Either way I'm soooooo looking forward to it! :)

·
Registered
558 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Heck,I just want the tank so I can have sliver leaf war bonnet painted on it by Gregory Polaris....
Got a chance to fondle one today at the dealership, and all I can say is WHERE THE F.is mine already.....
Dealer says maybe November.... yeah!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Heck,I just want the tank so I can have sliver leaf war bonnet painted on it by Gregory Polaris....
Got a chance to fondle one today at the dealership, and all I can say is WHERE THE F.is mine already.....
Dealer says maybe November.... yeah!
Hi Fred!

Silver leaf War Bonnet painted by Gregory Polaris?
Is he a pal of yours?
Do tell!

And until delivery....b-r-e-a-t-h-e....

·
Registered
468 Posts
Hi Fred!

Silver leaf War Bonnet painted by Gregory Polaris?
Is he a pal of yours?
Do tell!

And until delivery....b-r-e-a-t-h-e....

Yes, Fred, breathe normally. Like they tell you to do when the aircraft's emergency oxygen mask automatically falls from the overhead and
the plane you are on, is falling from 35,000 ft.

B-r-e-a-t-h-e normally and don't hog the oxy. There are others on board this flight, too, so don't be selfish.

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
Seeing Polaris in Action before on Indians and Victorys both, Will be happy to get my Scout by New Years Eve they are lagging behind in other areas already but rather it be a little late than rushed and lost out on quality .. My Biggest concern is the Accessory thing .. Know of some 2014 Owners that waited a long time for theirs .. Just glad got another Ride to enjoy before it gets here .. Speaking of that one, Am still waiting on a Backrest/Luggage Rack Combo for my 2012 Victory Cross Country that has been on recall for a year and was promised replacement May 15 .. Not here yet ..

·
Registered
486 Posts
Look for the thread in here ,,,,, First class Indian dealer, posted by Red Chieftain.... there are some pictures of the painting they do in-house... FANTASTIC PAINT WORK.....

·
Registered
468 Posts
Seeing Polaris in Action before on Indians and Victorys both, Will be happy to get my Scout by New Years Eve they are lagging behind in other areas already but rather it be a little late than rushed and lost out on quality .. My Biggest concern is the Accessory thing .. Know of some 2014 Owners that waited a long time for theirs .. Just glad got another Ride to enjoy before it gets here .. Speaking of that one, Am still waiting on a Backrest/Luggage Rack Combo for my 2012 Victory Cross Country that has been on recall for a year and was promised replacement May 15 .. Not here yet ..
Ouch. A year is a long wait for a recall, perhaps round up all Victory Owners you know and promote a consumer advocacy petition for Vic to get on with it???

Say, I read on, I think I read on the Victory Owner's Group forum or another forum, that there was some concern among some V owners, citing the cancellation of some models, whether Polaris might ultimately
abandon it's Victory line in favor of Indian. It would be a pity as the Victory seems to be a very nice bike in it's own right. I don't think I've come across too many owners disappointed with the bikes, themselves.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My dealer said October/end of October for Scout back in August. They also said accessories would arrive for sure by October. That they would probably sit for awhile waiting for the bike. Of course, if production is limited everyone might have a different timetable.

·
Registered
468 Posts
My dealer said October/end of October for Scout back in August. They also said accessories would arrive for sure by October. That they would probably sit for awhile waiting for the bike. Of course, if production is limited everyone might have a different timetable.
That's a possibilty seeing they had the full compliment of standard Scout accessories already listed darned near as fast as they had added the bike to the Indian website, itself.

They even had (Haven't see any updates) "Floorboards" on the Accessories Options menu. IF it's still there and they haven't added it yet, it may be that they are still working on it and/or
it's just a matter of webmaster not having updated the page.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Alright - It's October. Let the countdown begin. I was confidently told "by Halloween". Salesmanship, maybe, but that's what they said.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
My dealer is still saying Dec. What a Christmas present that will be

·
Registered
228 Posts
Are we all crazy...yes...over the new Scout. I am like a few of you, checking the forums daily to find out when the Scouts are getting delivered.

My dealer is still saying December to be safe. I would take an early surprise, if it comes.

I absolutely cant wait!

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I have been told on more than one occasion that the Scout will begin shipping from Spirit Lake at the very beginning of December.

I hate when sales staff, who typically don't even know horsepower, or displacement ratings start spouting off ship dates that they are just speculating on.

From my dealer:
I'm being told they are still slated for December delivery

1 - 20 of 563 Posts