Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Approximately a month and a half ago I had my bike re-flashed at the dealership in Michigan and noticed no changes at all. I have the opportunity to go into the Sturgis Indian dealer a day before my warranty expired. They explained that a step was missing in the re-flashing and they would reflash it for me again. That being done everything was fine for the past week and a half. Now my power button works great as it should but the starter button only clicks when I push it and then clicks again about five seconds later. If I push the power button on and off enough times and try to start it in between eventually starts after five or six tries. Up until that point the starter button worked immediately. Any thoughts? Pretty bummed that it starts falling apart a week after the warranty expires

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here’s one I don’t understand. Regarding the above described problem, I got very busy at work and didn’t have time to look at it for about a week and a half. When I went out a couple days ago to look at it it started right up. I shut it down and restarted it several times successfully. The only difference between now and when I first bought the bike is that there is about a 2 to 3 second delay between pushing the starter button and it actually firing If this keeps up I may have to change her name from Willow to Christine. Thanks to all for the suggestions. I may be back

·
Rider
543 Posts
Here’s one I don’t understand. Regarding the above described problem, I got very busy at work and didn’t have time to look at it for about a week and a half. When I went out a couple days ago to look at it it started right up. I shut it down and restarted it several times successfully. The only difference between now and when I first bought the bike is that there is about a 2 to 3 second delay between pushing the starter button and it actually firing If this keeps up I may have to change her name from Willow to Christine. Thanks to all for the suggestions. I may be back
Are you saying it takes 2 seconds for the starter to engage or it takes 2 seconds of cranking for the bike to start. 2 entirely different issues with different solutions!

·
Silver member
4,812 Posts
Did it sit for that week and a half on a trickle charger? Usually, click, click, click, is indicative of your battery starting to fail...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Did it sit for that week and a half on a trickle charger? Usually, click, click, click, is indicative of your battery starting to fail...
No clicking all Over the last several weeks what I have observed is that if It hasn’t run for more than several hours it usually takes a couple of cycles of turning the power button on, pressing the starter button, then it clicks, nothing happens and it clicks again like somethings shutting on and off. After several cycles of this it eventually starts. Once it has started and has warmed up the engine I can shut it off and turn it back on like I would when I fill up with gas and it starts immediately like it did for the first several months after I bought it. I found a troubleshooting guide and a downloadable PDF shop manual for my bike and it discusses bypassing a couple of different electrical modules like the rectifier or whatever. Rather I have chosen To accept the fact that she is like my ex-wives. Very temperamental but if you’re patient breathe easy and don’t get real excited it’ll eventually come around. At least I’m very confident that Willow won’t cheat on me and probably cost a lot less overall. I think she rides better too

1 - 9 of 9 Posts