Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty impressed with my Vintage. Hit a deer last night going 75 mph on the freeway (I was going 75, not the deer). About a 100-pound doe. Cut the deer in half. Bent back my highway bar, bent up the turn lights, bent the gear shift lever and dented the fork housing, but otherwise unscathed. Bike stayed up. I'm banged up but no real injuries. Any less of a bike would have been a different story. It's the 850 pounds, I know, but still impressed with how the bike held its own.

By the way, the only person who stopped was a biker riding in a car.

·
Rider
597 Posts
Wow....glad you made it through unharmed. Minor damage to bike and it’s fixable. Outcome was as good as it gets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
170 Posts
Is that your pic on FB? You tore that poor thing in HALF! Glad you are ok. What a hell of a story to tell! Lol!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Is that your pic on FB? You tore that poor thing in HALF! Glad you are ok. What a hell of a story to tell! Lol!

I took the FB picture down because it was too gruesome. I forgot to mention in the excitement that a car ran over the deer after I hit it and did more damage to the front leg, but the rest of the carnage is mine. It hit my highway bar and got cut in half. I've heard about how these things happen fast, and they aren't kidding. A car on my left blocked my view and when the deer cleared that car it was coming right at me. I now have to figure out how to clean deer guts off my jacket and gloves!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Wow!! Don't think the dry cleaners would be to keen on taking your leathers in to clean. Lol! Glad you're ok and live to ride another day.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm sure this thread will rapidly descend into a bunch of recommendations on leather cleaners!

·
Bronze member
1,148 Posts
Who says Guardian Bells don't work. Glad you came through it safely!

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,848 Posts
Happy to hear you are ok! That was a bad situation and you came through pretty good!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Glad your ok! My two sons are planing a month long ride across the country. The younger one got a scout. This story is why I wish he could have got a chief

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I hit one on my Roadmaster on May 23rd of 2017.......I was only going about 45. These bikes are amazingly tough....if I had been on my Gilroy, I'm guessing I might still be healing up...if I was still here.......

·
Bronze member
2,126 Posts
Wow you were very fortunate to walk away from that scenario. That’s a rarity for sure. Glad your good with minor damage bikes can be replaced.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Good to hear you are not banged up too bad. Hope you mend fast and you can always repair the bike. Makes me love my vintage even more. Bood luck.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Wow, good job staying upright. I lost one friend to a deer& and one to a falling branch.

Glad your ok!

Maybe scrub the garments out side on a work bench or similar. Then take to a place that does laundry.... or maybe buy new gear.
I ride using Moto port , stopped using leather a long time ago.

Again, glad you are ok!

1 - 20 of 73 Posts