Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I’m currently running stage one, decanted headpipe and Indian Stage one mufflers. After giving it a couple thousand miles, I don’t think I’m to crazy about the stock car type sound and want some a little deeper.
Before I buy another exhaust system I thought I would try it with the stock mufflers.
my question is what will stock mufflers vs stage 1 difference be in performance? Still using the decayed headpipe.
2014 chieftain

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have a 2015 Chieftain with Reinheart Slipons (I love the deep rumble), took the cat out, indian stage 2 cams and PV3. when I get home from work I can post a Clip as a sound reference if that helps ya.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a 2015 Chieftain with Reinheart Slipons (I love the deep rumble), took the cat out, indian stage 2 cams and PV3. when I get home from work I can post a Clip as a sound reference if that helps ya.
Please do

·
Registered
479 Posts
My wifes bike is decatted and nothing else. I think it sounds terrific! Slighly louder than stock and maybe slightly deeper. If I had started with that, I would never have gone further. I feel it sounded better than my stage 1 Indian setup did. I recently went to V&H classic tips after getting my cat removed. Love the deep sound with no rasp at any rpm. I knew removing the cat would make it louder so I didn't even try it with the Stage 1 pipes. I'm still on the fence for volume level, but I have quiet baffles ready to go in if needed.
From the dyno charts on Fuel motos site, the biggest gains are with a tune. Very slight gains with slip ons or intake.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm running Freedom Performance head pipes with oem mufflers and a LLoyds intake with the indian stage 1 flash which gave me a deeper exhaust tone and a little bit louder.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts