Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone debaffled their rinehart slip-ons? I have a 2019 CDH with high flow indian air cleaner, stock headers, and rinehart slip-ons. I love the sound but am thinking I want a little louder. Wanted to see if anyone is running these or other slip-ons debaffles. If so, how is it running, did you need a different tune, and popping? Thx in advance

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
I changed my baffles to the High Flow ones that they sell. Made a noticeable difference. I also have the 116" with stage 2 cams and Slim Line Duals so mine is pretty dang loud. Love it though.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also have the high flow baffles, duals coming later, but still want a little louder.

·
Rider
1,233 Posts
Has anyone debaffled their rinehart slip-ons? I have a 2019 CDH with high flow indian air cleaner, stock headers, and rinehart slip-ons. I love the sound but am thinking I want a little louder. Wanted to see if anyone is running these or other slip-ons debaffles. If so, how is it running, did you need a different tune, and popping? Thx in advance

You will most likely lose the low and mid range torque, even if you later install the Rinehart Slimline Dual, torque will suffer with straight thru open exhaust, some back pressure is needed. (From what I have been told by tuning experts)

I have a 2016 Chieftain with Rinehart Slimline Dual exhaust, Rinehart 4" Slip-on for Indian Touring, VooDoo Intake, Indian Stage 2 Cams, Iridium plugs, PV3 tune by CraigB1960 with his Stage 2 tune, if it was any louder I would need earplugs. The tech that built it in Sturgis says it runs like a 116...says it's a beast, it's hard to describe how incredibly Strong, smooth, and cool this particular Chieftain runs with this set up.

Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Fuel tank

Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Cruiser

Reactions: ndnjak

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You will most likely lose the low and mid range torque, even if you later install the Rinehart Slimline Dual, torque will suffer with straight thru open exhaust, some back pressure is needed. (From what I have been told by tuning experts)

I have a 2016 Chieftain with Rinehart Slimline Dual exhaust, Rinehart 4" Slip-on for Indian Touring, VooDoo Intake, Indian Stage 2 Cams, Iridium plugs, PV3 tune by CraigB1960 with his Stage 2 tune, if it was any louder I would need earplugs. The tech that built it in Sturgis says it runs like a 116...says it's a beast, it's hard to describe how incredibly Strong, smooth, and cool this particular Chieftain runs with this set up.

View attachment 605306

View attachment 605307
Thx for the info, thats what i thought would happen. What you have done is ultimately what I would want to do. Just have to take my time doing it right now.

·
Rider
1,233 Posts
I want to point out, at the start of the upgrade process I did set goals and talked with CraigB1960 for some guidance and to do this on my budget of $3,000.

My goals were cooler running and more low end torque, and torque across the RPM band with out compromising reliability and not wanting to dig into the heads to replace valve springs to deal with upgraded cams for touring here in Montana. The Indian Stage 2 cams work well as a 'Touring Cam'. (Lift stays same as stock, the duration are much more agressive)

Out of all the upgrades, the PV3 bought from Fuel Moto, and CraigB Stage 2 tune with the Iridium plugs, were by far the best bang for the buck regarding gains in performance.

I posted pictures of the Chieftain because pictures are worth 1,000 words =)

Be patient in the upgrades process, it all comes together!

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mrpop33

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I want to point out, at the start of the upgrade process I did set goals and talked with CraigB1960 for some guidance and to do this on my budget of $3,000.

My goals were cooler running and more low end torque, and torque across the RPM band with out compromising reliability and not wanting to dig into the heads to replace valve springs to deal with upgraded cams for touring here in Montana. The Indian Stage 2 cams work well as a 'Touring Cam'. (Lift stays same as stock, the duration are much more agressive)

Out of all the upgrades, the PV3 bought from Fuel Moto, and CraigB Stage 2 tune with the Iridium plugs, were by far the best bang for the buck regarding gains in performance.

I posted pictures of the Chieftain because pictures are worth 1,000 words =)

Be patient in the upgrades process, it all comes together!

Agreed, I have time. I upgraded pipes and air cleaner first. Recently had my ultimate seat reshaped and added gel into it. Then I added a klockwerks windshield. Opted for comfort first and a little noise. Threw on a Captain Itch Crotch Cooler for the time being. It has worked great. Headers and PV3 are next.

·
Rider
1,233 Posts
I put on the 12" Klock Werks last month, wind management is way better now! =)

Reactions: Mrpop33

·
Registered
250 Posts
@Kost is 100% correct. When I ordered the Rinehart slimline duals I also ordered the 2.5 Hi Flo baffles. In talking with @CraigB1960, he advised against installing them without adding the torque cones from FM to add back pressure. I elected to just return the baffles and leave it alone. It is plenty loud and with the ST2 cams, it has plenty of torque also.

·
Rider
967 Posts
@Kost is 100% correct. When I ordered the Rinehart slimline duals I also ordered the 2.5 Hi Flo baffles. In talking with @CraigB1960, he advised against installing them without adding the torque cones from FM to add back pressure. I elected to just return the baffles and leave it alone. It is plenty loud and with the ST2 cams, it has plenty of torque also.
I have heard that these pipes scrape pretty easily. I also thought I heard somewhere that rienheart was also re-engineering these to address this issue! Does anyone know if this is true? I really like these pipes and want to get them to complete my stage 3 install but it will drive me nuts if I keep scraping them! Lol!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have heard that these pipes scrape pretty easily. I also thought I heard somewhere that rienheart was also re-engineering these to address this issue! Does anyone know if this is true? I really like these pipes and want to get them to complete my stage 3 install but it will drive me nuts if I keep scraping them! Lol!
I heard they are redesigning the headers. I dont know about the slip-ons. Also, the headers are what scrapes on tight turns - at least thats what I have read here somewhere.

·
Bronze member
2,379 Posts
I just spoke with them yesterday. They are starting revision 2 of their headers as they know about the change Indian made to the covers around the exhaust ports. Should be ready early 2021.

·
Rider
967 Posts
I just spoke with them yesterday. They are starting revision 2 of their headers as they know about the change Indian made to the covers around the exhaust ports. Should be ready early 2021.
So now I'm wondering 2 things. 1. Will this new header design still flow as good as the old and 2. If they are redesigning for the 2021 exhaust ports will they still work on my 2018? I would really like to have these pipes with their slipons.

·
Bronze member
2,379 Posts
So now I'm wondering 2 things. 1. Will this new header design still flow as good as the old and 2. If they are redesigning for the 2021 exhaust ports will they still work on my 2018? I would really like to have these pipes with their slipons.
I would call them now and ask.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts