Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Rider
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been said many times that Indian/Polaris corporate watches this forum. If it’s true I have a suggestion for you to make us, your customers happier with your fairing bikes. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WUIT MAKING THE RADIO PART OF THE CORE ELECTRONICS SO WE CAN SWAP OUT HEAD UNITS! That is a MAJOR gripe with these bikes, and something that keeps some of the Harley guys from moving over to Indian. I understand you want us to buy your insanely expensive Indian audio upgrades, but some of us want to do completely custom sound systems, and we can’t because short of sticking the head unit in a saddle bag and bypassing the factory unit, there is absolutely no way to upgrade the head unit. I promise it would help on bike sales! It would also start the custom markets getting more involved with Indian bikes, which comes out to free publicity for Indian. Ok rant over. Everyone enjoy your day.

·
Bronze member
5,457 Posts
It has been said many times that Indian/Polaris corporate watches this forum. If it’s true I have a suggestion for you to make us, your customers happier with your fairing bikes. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WUIT MAKING THE RADIO PART OF THE CORE ELECTRONICS SO WE CAN SWAP OUT HEAD UNITS! That is a MAJOR gripe with these bikes, and something that keeps some of the Harley guys from moving over to Indian. I understand you want us to buy your insanely expensive Indian audio upgrades, but some of us want to do completely custom sound systems, and we can’t because short of sticking the head unit in a saddle bag and bypassing the factory unit, there is absolutely no way to upgrade the head unit. I promise it would help on bike sales! It would also start the custom markets getting more involved with Indian bikes, which comes out to free publicity for Indian. Ok rant over. Everyone enjoy your day.
never going to happen. Auto industry is doing the same thing. The industry realized that by making more things proprietary, the more money they can make on offering more accessories that only work with the vehicles.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Personally people like to steal stock units less too. On the other end of the argument, offering higher end audio to begin with so people don't need to do aftermarket upgrades at a lower cost to the buyer would be nice. I don't know a thing about the audio on a motorcycle but I know enough to be dangerous with cars. I understand the woes.

·
Rider
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Indian' s Stock radio/entertainment center is soooooo much better than Harley's. My old Chieftain#2184 has an inferior system compared to the 2020's, but I can still hear the tunes at 80mph with earplugs.
But! The Harley system can be completely replaced including the head unit. (At leasti know it can on the ones a few years old). Makes them much more desirable to people who like building custom systems.
dalethemale , has got it right, Indian stock sound system works great., no need to enhance.
I disagree a lot. The stock speakers on my 16 Chieftain Darkhorse are garbage. Plain and simple. I will say the new power bahn or whatever it’s called is actually a very nice sounding system. I test road a bike with that system on a demo day. There’s just a lot of us that would like to go completely custom on the stereo, including the head unit. It’s like Baron said, these companys want you to spend your money on their over priced stuff. It makes it hard for someone with the skill to customize. Oh well, I’m gonna change out speakers and get an amp. About all I can do.

·
Registered
546 Posts
There is an entire sub-culture of bikers that custom build their bikes around their sound systems. Indian is probably not on the table for these folks. It is amazing what these people do with their bikes....and the $$ they spend.....

·
Registered
64 Posts
In my not so humble opinion :unsure: ...
1. Offer a reasonable cost upgrade to Ride Command for those of us who have 2019 and earlier and want Apple CarPlay.
2. Make the on-line Ride Command a user-friendly and useful ride planning tool.
3. Exercise more supervision and give more support to dealers who are power-sport/motorcycle/scooter/snowmobile/off-road/etc and not "real" Indian Dealers. The one's I have used really don't care about customer satisfaction. The Indian franchises are serious about solving Indian issues.
4. Ride Command Bluetooth integration with iPhones is very inconsistent. Needs major improvement.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Number 1 was supposed to happen for 2019 (nothing older) but then COVID so not sure?
Number 2 I wouldn't need if they would offer my number1 lol

1. Offer a reasonable cost upgrade to Ride Command for those of us who have 2019 and earlier and want Apple CarPlay.
2. Make the on-line Ride Command a user-friendly and useful ride planning tool.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.