Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have Dean Speed Rampage slip-ons on their 60? I have a Bobber 60 coming in and know for sure the OEM pipes are not for me. Any recommendations that come in the matte black color?

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2019 Roadmaster matte black and gray
3,086 Posts
Anybody have Dean Speed Rampage slip-ons on their 60? I have a Bobber 60 coming in and know for sure the OEM pipes are not for me. Any recommendations that come in the matte black color?
I had them on my 2015 scout. Great pipes, but they are pretty loud. I ended up putting some baffles in to tame them a little.

Here's the video of the pipes on my bike.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had them on my 2015 scout. Great pipes, but they are pretty loud. I ended up putting some baffles in to tame them a little.

Are quiet baffles offered through the Dean Speed website? I didn’t see them

·
3,086 Posts
IIRC, he did have them. He might still, email him and ask. He's pretty responsive.

If he doesn't do them anymore, ask him the inside diameter of the pipes. You can then get a set from somewhere else.

I'd recommend bigcitythunder. I've got their baffles in my rm's v&h pipes, and they are awesome.

·
Registered
191 Posts

I am working with him now to have a set made, I asked for the quiet baffles.

Is your vid with or w/o baffles installed, your bike seems reasonable in the video, I mean if I was a neighbor I wouldn’t complain about the noise

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Is your vid with or w/o baffles installed, your bike seems reasonable in the video, I mean if I was a neighbor I wouldn’t complain about the noise
So I can tell you that I’ll be getting the quiet baffles. These pipes are pretty loud. If you never leave your house early morning or come home late at night you should be fine. I usually get home around midnight and feel a little bad for my neighbors

·
3,086 Posts

That video was before the baffles were installed. I don't have an after baffle example, but they made a big difference.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I just found time to install last week and rode it for the first time since install. Pulled up to my buddies house, he's out working in yard, he hasn't seen/heard the bike in weeks. First thing he says to me, wasnt, “hey man what’s up,want a beer?” BUT “ the bike sounds quieter” Its still loud but not d1ckbag loud.

Has a Nice deep growl so traffic knows I am there, good looks and Great quality!
I Cant say enough good things about these Dean Speed slip ons
Sound clip —>Rampage w/Baffles

6418A4AE-F71A-4E55-8326-617B3A9291B5.jpeg
B0AA3A6F-875C-4071-9D24-59C724783631.jpeg

·
Registered
570 Posts
I just found time to install last week and rode it for the first time since install. Pulled up to my buddies house, he's out working in yard, he hasn't seen/heard the bike in weeks. First thing he says to me, wasnt, “hey man what’s up,want a beer?” BUT “ the bike sounds quieter” Its still loud but not d1ckbag loud.

Has a Nice deep growl so traffic knows I am there, good looks and Great quality!
I Cant say enough good things about these Dean Speed slip ons
Sound clip —>Rampage w/Baffles

View attachment 606222 View attachment 606223
Rampage are great pipes. Sold plenty of them here in New Zealand.

·
Registered
2021 Scout Bobber Sixty
9 Posts
Just got a set of rampages for my bobber 60 delivered. Any tips on installing them? Old cans are off already. They don’t “slip on” like I hoped. I really have to work it on and can only get it to within 1/2 inch of fully seated. Thanks!

·
Registered
191 Posts
I took a piece of soft pine flat plank wrapped an old T-shirt around butted flat surface to the pipe and used a rubber mallet to tap them in to place the last 1/4” or so

1 - 12 of 12 Posts