Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share my experience with the DS Rampage exhaust I purchased ($300) for my 2019 Bobber. I ordered in late June 2020 and it took about a month to take delivery. DS blacked out their plackard for me at no additional cost. Going from OEM, which made the bike sound like a moped, to the Rampage signifanctly increased the sound, to my delight. However when riding I had to wear earplugs.

I reached out to DS and found out they offer quiet baffles for $35. They arrived a few days after purchase. Easily installed and according to my phone app, dropped the sound about 10 dbs. They also deepened the sound a bit. Now I am not such a nuisance to my townhome community but still make my presence known in traffic.

Overall great experience with DS!

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2019 Roadmaster matte black and gray
3,072 Posts
I had the same positive experience with them, almost exact. Good dude!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I ordered in late June 2020 and it took about a month to take delivery. DS blacked out their plackard for me at no additional cost.
Great to hear about blacking out the logo! I just ordered my pipes yesterday so I sent a follow up email asking for mine to be blacked out as well

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only downside is I was hoping removing the OEM exhaust would help dissipate some of the heat that comes off the right side of the bike, most noticable in summer weather sitting at stop lights. It does not. I will be purchasing a tuner soon with fingers crossed that it may help.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Mykah at dean speed Customs is a top guy that will always bend over backwards to help or sort things out for customers. I know more than most, as I am dealing his gear down here in New Zealand, and have experienced a lot but Mykah always sorts out everything. Great guy, products, service, quality, finish and fitment. I always order my Rampage pipes with the silencer baffle to help customers stay within the law and not getting tickets or failing warrant of fitness inspections.

·
Registered
2021 Scout Bobber Sixty
9 Posts
Just got a set of rampages for my bobber 60 delivered. Any tips on installing them? Old cans are off already. They don’t “slip on” like I hoped. I really have to work it on and can only get it to within 1/2 inch of fully seated. Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just got a set of rampages for my bobber 60 delivered. Any tips on installing them? Old cans are off already. They don’t “slip on” like I hoped. I really have to work it on and can only get it to within 1/2 inch of fully seated. Thanks!
I used a 2x4 against the exhaust and hammered on the wood. Worked perfectly without causing any damage. I did however whack my pinky with the hammer, lost the nail and had to regrow a new one. So technically there was damage 🤣.

·
Registered
554 Posts
bit of gasket silicone smeared on the inside for a lube, wood and hammer the end caps, shouldn't have a problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had same, identical issue on my 2021 bobber. I lubed, beat and banged, lost skin and blood and broke down and called. Mykah said no way on that hard of install. He said send them back with a return label he sent. 11 days total with shipping. Installed last night. Peace of cake.

Customer for life with that kind of service. They sound awesome!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Aaluna nice looking “grid” (bike), the dean speed pipes look good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Scout Bobber Sixty
9 Posts
View attachment 622213

I had same, identical issue on my 2021 bobber. I lubed, beat and banged, lost skin and blood and broke down and called. Mykah said no way on that hard of install. He said send them back with a return label he sent. 11 days total with shipping. Installed last night. Peace of cake.

Customer for life with that kind of service. They sound awesome!
I ended up calling Mykah as well. He said he’s finding out that the header pipes on the ‘21 are about 1mm larger than previous years. They are making adjustments going forward. When I bought them, there was not an option for a ‘21 version, but he has since updated his website to include an option. Mykah offered me the same option to return them, but I was able to get the joints stretched just slightly at a local muffler shop. After this, they slipped on and bolted down easily. Mykah has my business for life. Great company and customer service. I already have their crash bars, rear sliders, and rampage slip ons. I see a sissy bar in my future as well.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I had the same email conversation with Bryce at Dean Speed Customs. You are 100% correct, new version 2021 Rampage slip ons. I deal his gear way down under here in New Zealand. Sold plenty especially the Rampage pipes. The Bobber / Scout sissybars are a cool addition, I currently have 3 on order. I have also asked for a Bobber fender rack to be created, Dean Speed is losing a lot of sales there to Indian OEM. There is more gear in the works coming so keep an eye on their website. Cheers man.

·
Registered
2021 Scout Bobber Sixty
9 Posts
I had the same email conversation with Bryce at Dean Speed Customs. You are 100% correct, new version 2021 Rampage slip ons. I deal his gear way down under here in New Zealand. Sold plenty especially the Rampage pipes. The Bobber / Scout sissybars are a cool addition, I currently have 3 on order. I have also asked for a Bobber fender rack to be created, Dean Speed is losing a lot of sales there to Indian OEM. There is more gear in the works coming so keep an eye on their website. Cheers man.
I’m glad I got my Rampages to fit. Extremely happy with the look and the sound. I have the baffles so they are deep and not obnoxious but I can blip the throttle and let them roar if I want. That’s great to hear about the new gear. I’m a big fam of their products and their quality craftsmanship. Bryce has been extremely helpful over email and Mykah was great to deal with on the phone. Great to hear you’re selling their gear in NZ! Cheers!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Can I ask you what brand and where you ordered your mini apes? I like it and makes it look like the bobber twenty
Edited: They are the Indian mini apes. They were purchased from my dealership and I had them installed there as well. As you may or may not know, they require extended clutch and brake cables, which I also purchased from the dealership. The only drawback, the upgrade costs approximately $450.00, parts and labor. So it is an expensive addition, unless you install yourself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
They are the Indian mini apes. They were purchased from my dealership and I had them installed there as well. As you may or may not know, they require extended clutch and brake cables, which I also purchased from the dealership. The only drawback, the upgrade costs approximately $750.00, parts and labor. So it is an expensive addition, unless you install yourself.
Much appreciated

1 - 19 of 19 Posts