Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Earlier this year I did the standard upgrades finally. The exhaust barks, if you want any kind of neighbor friendly exhaust this is not for you. I did a factory reflash for the tune with 92 Octane and with all city travel added another 20+ miles to the tank which was probably the most surprising find. Continuing the journey to black more of the bike out, and get the comfort level where I would like it, but for now at least it doesn't sound so damn wimpy and can breathe.

For being only 5'8" why does this bike feel so cramped?? Seat, bar, extended reach possibly in my future.

69817612_605934749811735_106660977310695424_n.jpg
69870137_470033496881921_3728736232377679872_n.jpg

·
Registered
97 Posts
Earlier this year I did the standard upgrades finally. The exhaust barks, if you want any kind of neighbor friendly exhaust this is not for you. I did a factory reflash for the tune with 92 Octane and with all city travel added another 20+ miles to the tank which was probably the most surprising find. Continuing the journey to black more of the bike out, and get the comfort level where I would like it, but for now at least it doesn't sound so damn wimpy and can breathe.

For being only 5'8" why does this bike feel so cramped?? Seat, bar, extended reach possibly in my future.

View attachment 526492 View attachment 526494
does the 12 gauge have o2 bungs?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
does the 12 gauge have o2 bungs?
Yes, All bolted up easily and the sensor is nice and hidden. Finish was great and I asked dean to bend the pipes to point out instead of down, which he did at no extra cost. They will truly customize for you. As stated, these suckers are loud, my riding buddy will not ride on my right side haha.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yes, All bolted up easily and the sensor is nice and hidden. Finish was great and I asked dean to bend the pipes to point out instead of down, which he did at no extra cost. They will truly customize for you. As stated, these suckers are loud, my riding buddy will not ride on my right side haha.
i have hacker mayhem pipes on my scout right now. i love the look and sound, but they sit so low i often scrape on twisties. at least i think i am... i can hear it and its definitely not the foot peg. Hacker doesn't have o2 bungs, and i don't trust anyone around me to weld them on. I want to move to a power vision and scrap my power commander, but in order to do so I need o2 sensors so.... my exhaust journey just keeps getting more expensive! any particular reason you wanted them point out instead of down? just the look?

i hear ya on the noise too. my pipes are LOUD. I had to start wearing earplugs otherwise i have ringing the rest of the day.

Edit: evidently Hacker is now putting the bungs on their exhausts. I suspect the lack of eliminator plugs available drove them to that!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Luckily Deans were relatively low cost compared to some of the other full systems out there. And yes it was just a look I had liked from other bobber builds from the web. Took me a long time to decide with the limited choices a year ago, luckily this forum helped a lot in the finding of vendors.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you used a PVCX for the flash?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My dealer did the reflash. As I don't really have an interest in tweaking or modifying every little thing, I didn't see a reason to buy my own controller. Maybe there's more to it than I am thinking, but I just want to get on and ride. I spend most of my year at sea so when im home im ready to just hop on.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I'd love to see a dyno before and after for the OEM parts + flash. IIRC, the stage 1 exhaust + flash (in 2015-16?) reduced power across the board (but sounded nice, lol).

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Are those Joke taillights? Did you need resistors?
They're from Wunderkind. German company. Comes with everything you need, but I had a shop install them once i saw the kit. There were resistors in the kit.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts