Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Dealership Custom Scout builds

8K views 52 replies 26 participants last post by  Wild Bill 
#1 ·
Don't know if this has been brought up but voting is now open for 34 new customs based on the 2016 Scout platform. Interesting to see the difference between the European interpretations and the American ones.

Custom Scout Dealer Contest | Indian Motorcycle

#8 ·
Some are very cool...others not so much. IMO the trike and the Spyder copy are hideous. The black Scout with silver wheels and a BMW GSA fender copy (third row, third from the left) is a complete botch job; looks like a bunch of mis-matched parts cobbled together. Like I said IMO. I like most of the retro themed bikes.

#15 ·
I have not seen the one yet that rattles my innards enough to vote for it.

I do see features on everyone that gets the juices flowing but no single one really turns me on enough to make a choice.

If I could cherry pick the choice items off some of them and incorporate each of the features into a single bike..... like a paint job here, a headlight arrangement there, a gear shifter here, a suspension and a brake thing there...... well, you know I guess that is what the whole thing is all about?
Give us some idea's for the future.

Now I still don't have a favorite one to actually vote for it! DRAT!

#26 ·
I'm just upset the site does not have higher resolution images...I would have loved to zoom in to glean details on many of these...they should have made it a requirement to submit high resolution pics and specific angles so we can see the bikes in detail.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

#35 ·
I think the stock scout looks really good in stock form. I really like most of Maggies mods that make it a little cleaner and longer looking with out damaging that stock look at all. I also think it is really easy to F**k it up if not careful. I do not like any of the pipes that go straight across the motor as they tend to break up the visual of the motor which to me is one of the best parts. I do like the Dirty Birds because they curve around the motor and add some interest. There are some things l like about each one of these bikes would certainly like the upgraded breaks and suspensions on them and some things that are awesome like the polished aluminum frame parts, but no one bike where I am saying yea they nailed it for me. I certainly appreciate them for what they are and all of them are well executed. But none of them really grab me. Maybe they will grow on me.

#40 ·
That may have been what Polaris was supplied with by the dealerships.
I gave up looking. Pics too small and too few to get a decent idea of the whole bike. Of course I could be doing something wrong, but I think I'll leave the voting up to you guys and girls.
Alpal

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.