Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how many have an Indian dealer within 100 miles. I just looked up the one closest to me. They have 12 pages of new motorcycles on their website but no Indians. If it wasnt for the Indian website directing me to them, I never would have know they were a dealer.

·
Registered
30 Posts
20 miles. It's in the same town I work. Legendary Cycles of Fargo/Indian of Fargo. They are the Indian/Triump dealer. I also just had them work on my 05 Kingpin. They had a 1/2 off labor special going on. Got it ready to go on Craigs list, and on the classified section here.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Had to travel 260 miles to get my Indian Red Vintage #1705, but local dealer happened right after I ordered mine. I suppose it will make it better....come service time!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
My dealer is about 15 miles away and is very versed in the Indians. They have a gang of them waiting to be sold and have sold a lot. Parts are starting to come in and they are very accommodating on getting services and service done. "A" Team, Las Vegas, NV

·
Registered
25 Posts
Live near huge populated cities like Indianapolis, St Louis, Kansas City, and others. You guys have dealers in North Dakota and Hattiesburg. I am very familiar with both and population. What is the crazy math Polaris is doing?

·
Registered
30 Posts
There has been an Indian dealer up here for years, even before Polaris bought them. Some of the Polaris dealers don't even sell Victories, they are strictly ATV, and Snowmobile. The Victory dealer here has a very limited inventory of bikes.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I can explain Hattiesburg, Mississippi! Three square blocks of Yamaha, Suzuki, Can-Am, Triumph, Victory, Polaris, Kawasaki, and now Indian! They are "distributers" for three Southern states for several of these brands. They have just undergone a 4.5 million, that's with a "M", renovation; and that is a renovation, with very little new construction. You could set most motorcycle dealerships, and I've been in hundreds, inside one small wing of "Hattiesburg Cycles".

I don't have any affiliation with this dealer, but have used it to impressed my "out of town" friends when they start talking "large Dealers" We do have a 400 thousand + population within a six mile radius, so although we are a small southern town, we do have more than three stoplights. Also, we have no Harley Dealer, which may have entered into Indians' reasoning! I'm glad to have a nice Indian Dealer within a short distance, but was very willing to go to lengths; 265 of them; to get what I wanted. I think the dealer network will improve with time, and one will not have to travel great distances to get service, parts, or accessories.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I bought my Indian Chieftain #701 in Las Vegas a little over 700 miles away, but now my dealer is about 3 miles from my house.:cool:

·
Registered
106 Posts
It takes them a while to get bikes in. I went to Charlotte NC to test ride, and was figuring that I would have to go to Michigan to order mine. But then a new dealer poped up in Erie PA. which is only 60 miles from me. They do have a couple of bikes on the floor now, but don't list them on their web page yet.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I can explain Hattiesburg, Mississippi! Three square blocks of Yamaha, Suzuki, Can-Am, Triumph, Victory, Polaris, Kawasaki, and now Indian! They are "distributers" for three Southern states for several of these brands. They have just undergone a 4.5 million, that's with a "M", renovation; and that is a renovation, with very little new construction. You could set most motorcycle dealerships, and I've been in hundreds, inside one small wing of "Hattiesburg Cycles".

I don't have any affiliation with this dealer, but have used it to impressed my "out of town" friends when they start talking "large Dealers" We do have a 400 thousand + population within a six mile radius, so although we are a small southern town, we do have more than three stoplights. Also, we have no Harley Dealer, which may have entered into Indians' reasoning! I'm glad to have a nice Indian Dealer within a short distance, but was very willing to go t=o lengths; 265 of them; to get what I wanted. I think the dealer network will improve with time, and one will not have to travel great distances to get service, parts, or accessories.
Calm down, is this near a little place called Camp Shelby, sorry, can you hear me now? Gee, with the "M", does that mean population as in say Kansas City because 2.34 "M" means population according to wiki. I am glad that you have a good dealership nearby. Kansas City, often referred to by its initials, K.C., is the largest city in the U.S. state of Missouri and is the predominant city of a metropolitan area of more than two million people spanning the Missouri–Kansas border. This is not a bust, I just have to wonder how the selection process went. I know about the huge price tag associated with buy in. I may someday visit the store now since you said it is good.

·
Founding Member
431 Posts
I just got back from Daytona and found that my dealer where I bought my Indian from is now out of business. Indian Victory of Daytona is gone. Still in shock over their closing, I was just down there last week to pick up my long awaited passenger back rest. What happened? Anyone know anything? Now the closest dealer is Ride Now in Ocala Florida.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Don't know what could have happened, but you will have another Indian Dealer shortly. They are expanding the dealer network fairly quickly, and they will get your geographic area covered. Hang in there!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Live near huge populated cities like Indianapolis, St Louis, Kansas City, and others. You guys have dealers in North Dakota and Hattiesburg. I am very familiar with both and population. What is the crazy math Polaris is doing?
where abouts in North Dakota? I'm in Sask Canada just north of that state.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Look forward to stopping in Hattiesburg when I find my way down there, so expect a PM from me when I get there. I too have found myself very loyal to good people and dealers.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I was replier to Hattiesburg poster but realized this weekend that the weekend trips to my distance travel to dealer was worth the wait. I also have been with Victory since 2007 and started with the distance relationship with them and now have 3 in a 50 mile radius of them. It is worth the wait for the product.

·
Registered
30 Posts
@ Edge. There is an Indian dealer in Fargo, N.D.. Straight South of Winnipeg MB. on I-29. I don't think Polaris picks towns to put dealerships. If someone is interested in purchasing a franchise, they (the investor) can put it where they want. I guess if its a new dealership they would have to build to suit Indians specification.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Welcome Big St. Charles Motorsports! (A new Indian dealer in the St. Louis area). Looking forward to seeing your dealership.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts