Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thread to give your dealer a shout-out or boo, and why.
(if a moderator finds "boos" to be against rules, please just remove the boos title and discussion from this thread)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
To start out I would like to give my dealer, Indian Motorcycles of Detroit, a big shout-out!

I dealt with Jeff Pajtas, and talked with nearly everyone on the showroom floor. Everybody gave me an honest and sincere vibe, I never once felt I was being "sold" or "pressured". Discussions were honest, and any questions were answered well.

Reserving the bike was simple, and their pricing (to be specific, no B.S. fees added to purchase price) is very honest.

Purchased some apparel and they had a wide selection of verity and sizes. Parts department girls were friendly when ringing me up.

They're on Plymouth Rd, in Livonia, MI.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Here's a shout out for Sloan's Motorcycle in Murfreesboro, TN and my salesman Hank Sitzman. I pre-ordered a new Scout from them and pricing was fair (no B.S. fees here). Staff was friendly and helpful. They are still family owned and it shows!

·
Registered
62 Posts
C & E Indian, Auburn, CA - great dealership, knowledgeable sales staff and after the 500 mile service the service department seems to be wonderful. The dealer threw in the 500 mile service free plus my great grandson received a nice red electric Indian to ride. All fees seemed reasonable. What a deal.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I also bought from Jeff Pajtas from Dick Scott's Classic Motorcycle from Detroit, I just learned today that the bike was picked up for shipment to Arizona. Always answered my emails and calls and gave me a great price on a Vintage.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was quoted $1200+ for destination fee and was told there was no room for negotiation on that. That's 10% of bike, anybody else think that fee is a bit outrageous???

·
Registered
558 Posts
I was quoted $1200+ for destination fee and was told there was no room for negotiation on that. That's 10% of bike, anybody else think that fee is a bit outrageous???
I'm seeing fee talk from 0 to $1,500+...

I probably would of shopped it harder had I not been in the heat of the moment... My dealer here is Lakeland typically gets about $1,500 in dealer fees (from what I understand) but they took it down to $1,000. I'm not excited that I have to pay $1,000. There's lots of chatter and bickering around the forum regarding dealer fees. I suppose the way I see it is that if I go someplace else, ultimately I'll end up spending the same amount in the logistics and hassle of getting it back to my home. And I want the local guys to WANT to service it because I purchased from them. And, I can't argue effectively over fees if there is no inventory and this is being purchased as a 1st run...

There will be disagreements over what I just said...

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Mark Moses in Charlotte. I have purchased two Indians from him and I live in Los Angeles, CA. There are lots of dealerships between here and there but none match his. Very fair fees, bikes delivered as promised and as customized.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Shout Out to Dick's Indian Motorcycles of Rome, New York. This is a family owned dealership that deals exclusively with Indian Motorcycles - no Victory motorcycles, no Jet skis, no other Polaris stuff or any other things for that matter - just Indian motorcycles and Indian accessories. Brad handled my transaction. Highly recommended. Two thumbs up!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Shout out to 'De Jong Alphen', one of the two Indian dealers in The Netherlands. In particular to salesman Rick. He gave me so much information and details on the Scout and was very enthusiastically about the Scout. He pre-ordered for me as the first customer in The Netherlands the Thunder Black Scout.
During the 'Intermot' in Germany (first week of October) the Scout will be presented for the first time in Europe. That's my first chance to see the Scout and sit on it. I'll have to wait till February, and hope for no snow, to ride it.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Picked up my new Chieftain last week in Lynnwood, WA (Motoplex). Great salesman "Josh" but they wouldn't budge on the $1500 in fees. What are you going to do when you get the 1st 2015 Chieftain in WA? Buy it!!:cool:

·
Founding member / distinguished
2,745 Posts
Kudos to Hattiesburg Cycles in Mississippi. They gave me a fair price on my new Chieftain and an over the top trade in on my old Harley. Justin(Crash) is probably THE MOST enthusiastic salesman I have ever met.
Great service dept., too. They had my bike ready in about two hours for me to ride home.

1 - 20 of 189 Posts