Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or my business anyways, so disappointed in my dealership where I bought my bike from! Gave them 3 chances to do work on my bike this spring and there prices are insane, to confirm, I went to another dealership and hour and a half away and they were cheaper on all two of the services, didnt call on the oil change as that just happened.

First, a 116 kit this fall, forget the exact number but was over $300 cheaper at other dealership

Second, purchase and install midrise bars, over $1300 over $300 cheaper other dealership

Finally, and this straight up burns my ass, just over $175 for an oil change....that's it, drip oil and filter, no inspecting no nothing!

I walked out and wont be back, I'm done with them, times and business must be pretty good for them so be it.

It's tough to do these jobs when you ain't got a garage, just a little gravel driveway but I will figure it out and get some tools out of storage before I ever pay someone over $175 for a friggin oil change on a bike!!!

Vent over, wheres my bourbon!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's my thought also but I failed to mention, that also included a $10 off oil change kit coupon

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah just sucks not having a garage or my tools, love doing my own work but one day, I'll have a house and garage again, all in due time I suppose

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't have any of the work done, I sit with an almost stock bike that needs an oil change!!! Lol

·
Rider
1,179 Posts
Sounds kind of like the dealer near me.
Wanted to give the dealer near me a chance to match or come close to an out of town dealers offer. (Bought the bike I’m trading from same out of town dealer, just found out a new local dealer opened up near me not to long ago.)
Told them what I was offered after shipping.
First offer was about $2750 higher. Agreed with a third offer which would end up being $1000 higher than the out of town dealer but the salesman would have to run it by his boss at a sister dealer on the other side of the state. They said no and they’re at a number $1500 higher than the out of town dealer. Couldn’t accept that offer.

They’re closed until Tuesday, so salesmen said he’ll see what he can do and contact me Tuesday. If I don’t hear from him or can’t agree on a price, I’ll contact the out of town dealer Wednesday and tell them to bring it on through.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah dont blame you, these dealers need to realize people are willing to travel!!! I thought I would be "taken care of" buying local but I was wrong! Sucks you try to keep it local and they push you away

·
Rider
1,179 Posts
I’m not willing to travel but am willing to pay the shipping. Even with the shipping it’s still $1500 cheaper than local. Only thing is tax and tag. But tax should be about $300. And I have a tag so that part shouldn’t be that expensive. I’m expecting if I went the local route I’ll be spending about an extra $1000 when all is said and done if I take their price. About $500 extra if the bosses went for the previous deal that I agreed to with the salesmen.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
True, I'm working a deal on a new boat that's in Indiana being made and the delivery to North Dakota is $2300......I told them I would go pick it up for that price, crazy what people charge all around now days, got to save where we can that's for sure

·
Registered
460 Posts
This situation is reflected across all automotive sectors (cars and bikes), here in the UK dealers do not seem to grasp the fact that in the modern world potential customers have a choice. It is not difficult to secure a vehicle 500 miles away and get it delivered and still be saving money. Prices can vary from one part of the country to the other by £ks on vehicles or £s hundreds for accessories and servicing. Whilst i appreciate premisses in one area cost more than others and overheads may be higher you would at least think that local dealers would try and meet in the middle to help the customer and gain some business for themselves. I don't mind paying a bit more to keep my business local as it's more convenient but when the difference can be £100s on servicing or accessories or indeed £1000s on a vehicle then unfortunately I will have to take my business elsewhere. I order Indian bike accessories from a dealer 600 miles away or direct from the USA as it works out cheaper than the local dealer, who has no interest in price matching or even meeting in the middle to help you out and still make a profit for themselves, its like the OP says you get the impression they don't need or want the business.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I do all my own work but the part I'm discouraged over is today all the high tech stuff where they have to plug it into the dealership computer, I'm lost at that stuff but can handle all the mechanical bull.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
137 Posts
Polaris has a great line up with the Indian brand. The last 5 years they have been kicking HD's ass selling a better bike. BUT, the dealerships and support totally sucks. I believe this is going to cause their sales to drop like the current stock market. We had 2 dealers, the one in Baton Rouge scratched the hell out of my bike then the so called mechanic screamed in my calling me a liar. The were not open very long and closed. The one outside New Orleans are so arrogant and unfriendly, the parts guy will set there and ignore you for 10 or 15 minutes before even acknowledging your presence. It is owned by a group of very rich investors and treated as a tax right off it seems. They are open when they feel like it. There are good Indian dealers out there, but sadly few and far between. IF Polaris wants to maintain their market they damn well need to get some dealerships out there that actually invite people in. They need to look at Harley dealerships which always have events and things going on to bring people in the door.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Polaris has a great line up with the Indian brand. The last 5 years they have been kicking HD's ass selling a better bike. BUT, the dealerships and support totally sucks. I believe this is going to cause their sales to drop like the current stock market. We had 2 dealers, the one in Baton Rouge scratched the hell out of my bike then the so called mechanic screamed in my calling me a liar. The were not open very long and closed. The one outside New Orleans are so arrogant and unfriendly, the parts guy will set there and ignore you for 10 or 15 minutes before even acknowledging your presence. It is owned by a group of very rich investors and treated as a tax right off it seems. They are open when they feel like it. There are good Indian dealers out there, but sadly few and far between. IF Polaris wants to maintain their market they damn well need to get some dealerships out there that actually invite people in. They need to look at Harley dealerships which always have events and things going on to bring people in the door.
I agree completely, I am lucky and have a good Indian dealer near by . Indian sells a great product, not enough quality dealers though. Could learn something from HD with how they operate their dealerships.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I agree completely, I am lucky and have a good Indian dealer near by . Indian sells a great product, not enough quality dealers though. Could learn something from HD with how they operate their dealerships.
In the UK dealers are even further apart, I am lucky that I live within 40 miles of a good and trust worthy and most importantly fair dealer.
If I didn't go there then the next nearest is over 100 miles away.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I looking at possibly trading my 2017 RM, for a 2020. Any thoughts? The Icon i looking at has a 34,999. Price tag. Can't believe that price tag.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
64 Posts
Or my business anyways, so disappointed in my dealership where I bought my bike from! Gave them 3 chances to do work on my bike this spring and there prices are insane, to confirm, I went to another dealership and hour and a half away and they were cheaper on all two of the services, didnt call on the oil change as that just happened.

First, a 116 kit this fall, forget the exact number but was over $300 cheaper at other dealership

Second, purchase and install midrise bars, over $1300 over $300 cheaper other dealership

Finally, and this straight up burns my ass, just over $175 for an oil change....that's it, drip oil and filter, no inspecting no nothing!

I walked out and wont be back, I'm done with them, times and business must be pretty good for them so be it.

It's tough to do these jobs when you ain't got a garage, just a little gravel driveway but I will figure it out and get some tools out of storage before I ever pay someone over $175 for a friggin oil change on a bike!!!

Vent over, wheres my bourbon!
I have a lift and work out of the house. If youre anywhere close to Algonquin, IL...hit me up. $50 to change the oil if you supply the oil/filter. ride on.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts