Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, I know there’s a ton of threads on air cleaners. Just can’t find the answer to my question. I put slip ons on last year and I know if I put on any air cleaner I will need to reflash. I’m caught in between going with Indian’s High Flow or the S&S and then going through Fuel Motto. Where my issue is with Indian knocking off $100 and this is a one to two hour job assuming shop charges by the hour regardless, that comes out to be cheaper than installing third party myself and trying to flash myself as well. I’m not overly concerned on best mpg or getting the most in torque or hp, just that the bike runs compatible with the new updates.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I went the Fuelmoto route from the start. Glad I did. I initially went to the dealer and they told me they would have to request a tune from Indian. Told me it would take a few days. From that moment, I decided to go with Fuelmoto and CraigB. After stage 1 mods, my bike is running great. Plus no EPA tunes to deal with.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is that because you were looking for the most out of your bike? I only ask because performance isn’ta big deal to me. Just that the bike is able to run with the new mods. I called the dealer and they were going to flash same day as install. I’m fortunate to live a few miles away from Fuel Moto. Found out they don’t do flashes of any kind and would still have to buy the post for $400 extra.

·
Bronze member
1,245 Posts
I had the Stage one Kit put on the day I bought the bike, I later went back and bought the fuel Moto and have never looked back in 6 years. To me get the air cleaner you want tell fuel moto and they will do the rest for the tune then you load it. Takes not time to change the tunes. and an hour to do an air-cleaner? Sup it that 30 minutes maybe if you start the counter from the time to start to open the box.

·
Registered
121 Posts

Is that because you were looking for the most out of your bike? I only ask because performance isn’ta big deal to me. Just that the bike is able to run with the new mods. I called the dealer and they were going to flash same day as install. I’m fortunate to live a few miles away from Fuel Moto. Found out they don’t do flashes of any kind and would still have to buy the post for $400 extra.
7 month late reply. Sorry.
I sent about 7 PV3 logs to CraigB and he modified my tune to try. After this, my bike is running the best it has ever. The only downfall now is if I have a recall and the dealer has to reflash my ecm. Then, my great tune will be obsolete. I would have to send my New stock tune to FM or CraigB for updates to my tune. I do not regret gettin the PV3. But I wish it would have been the same as Harleys where I can do my own autotune. And one more wish. I was hoping ThunderMax would have their ecm available by now for our Indians

1 - 5 of 5 Posts