Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious what others are paying, this seems excessive. I guess when you're the only game in town and buying a pre-ordered bike they've got you!

Grand Prix Motorsports
Littleton, CO

Documentation/Processing Fee $299.00
Freight $425.00
Set Up $367.89

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Curious what others are paying, this seems excessive. I guess when you're the only game in town and buying a pre-ordered bike they've got you!

Grand Prix Motorsports
Littleton, CO

Freight $425.00
Set Up $367.89
Mine:
Freight $699.00
Set Up $0.00

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
[QUOTE
Grand Prix Motorsports
Littleton, CO

Freight $425.00
Set Up $367.89[/QUOTE]

Man! I am glad I didn't buy my bike there. Bought through internet from AZ

·
Registered
1,029 Posts

Grand Prix Motorsports
Littleton, CO

Freight $425.00
Set Up $367.89
Freight charges will very depending on distance.

·
Registered
558 Posts
At the pace the deliveries are going, we'll be far enough along in the model years that they will be offering it by then....
Mine:
Freight $699.00
Set Up $0.00
[QUOTE
Grand Prix Motorsports
Littleton, CO

Freight $425.00
Set Up $367.89
Price to live in the Sunshine State. Next time I hear somebody say "you get paid in sunshine" I'm gonna hold their leg next to the exhaust of my Scout... Oh, wait a minute, what Scout?!

Reactions: Cindy

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Freight charges will very depending on distance.
I agree, but when the dealer is not coming off the MSRP, they can absorb some of the fees. Mine knew I could buy local, but choose to buy through the internet 13 hours away. I hope over time the deals will come to open the doors for others

·
Registered
558 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
I told you guys in previous post that once set, the dealer CAN NOT play with their dealer fees per the owner of Indian Miami. They can not discount even for friends nor family. He did not tell me this during negotiations because I already had my bike. I simply went to visit that dealership cause I live directly in the middle of 2. This was in informal discussion. You, as the consumer, need to shop around.

·
Registered
433 Posts
You of all people on here, have numerous choices of dealers based on your location. You easily could have bought at Indian Pompano Beach, or even Miami and saved on those dealer fees.

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
While I feel the Fees were were too high about $1080 think it was, all told.. But with people waiting chomping at the bit that would gladly buy it For that Price in a heartbeat felt wasn't in much of a position to argue much, think did okay getting the 5 Services at about 1/2 the rate they quoted to start with ..

·
Registered
361 Posts
Chesapeake Cycles fees:

Freight $495
Handling $199
Doc Fee $150

Title & Tags $38.75

Vehicle Tax: $485.72 (Dang!!)

·
Bronze member
1,498 Posts
Freight/set up Fee = $450
Doc. Fee = $150

From reading what others are paying in fees, I guess I should be feelin' pretty good. Fact is, these so-called "fees" are just a somewhat more pleasant way to say ADDED PROFIT! Okay, certainly a dealership has overhead in various forms. But I was always under the impression that overhead was figured into the mark-up of the product or service. I am incensed when put in a position to pay these excessive "fees"/money in the dealer's pocket. When buying a car I simply go to a dealership who either waves these foolish fees or gives me a better price on the car in compensation of the fees.

But with the demand on the Scout being incredibly high and my wanting to pre-order so it would arrive during in spring, I had to bend over. At least they gave me a jar of Vaseline while I wrote out the check.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts