Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put the deposit down and my (future) bike arrived at the dealer today. I'm wondering how the price negotiations went for recent buyers. Bought plenty of cars, but this is my first experience buying a new motorcycle.

I've kind of divided the deal up like this to try and figure out where are willing to work and where they just wont.

1: Base cost of bike itself
2: Indian parts/accessories
3: Aftermarket accessories
4: Dealer prep/shipping
5: Extended Warranty/pre-paid
6: VIP Maintenance

Any details on what they were willing to negotiate on, deals they offered, etc would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks much - looking forward to joining the tribe!

·
Registered
545 Posts
#4 - I won't buy a bike (or car) with that included in the price. The dealer NEEDS the bike in his showroom to sell it - why should I have to pay for shipping? He NEEDS to put the bike together in order to sell it.
That one line item annoys the hell out of me lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Long story short my dealer told me msrp is the price and no negotiations. They said they’re is a waiting list for the bobber (at my dealer) and if I don’t take it someone else will. Since the wait time on the preorder is 5 weeks I just bought it. I got my bike in 3 weeks instead of 5 because the person that was supposed to buy mine backed out.

2. I got the comfort seat and saddle bag

3.none

4. Made me pay

5. Never bought warranty

6. Dealer told me it is a rip-off and strongly advised against it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
545 Posts
Well congratulations regardless and welcome. My Wife rides a Bobber and loves it! Your dealer is right though, there is a short supply of inventory. The Wife and I rode down to Lancaster, PA and stopped into the Indian dealer there and he said he can't keep Scouts on the showroom floor. I've yet to see another Indian anything though anywhere around so whomever is buying all these bikes must just be parking them in the garage? lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the comments - went to the dealer this evening and ended up with a pretty good deal. Got the military/vet discount and a pretty good discount on the accessories on top of that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts