Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it’s been a while since I went to my purchase dealer but I had the recall to get done and I needed an oil change. My lift is out of service for a bit so I thought I would let them take care of it

They charged me 100 bucks for the labor as I had my own amsoil and a reusable stainless filter and reset my pin doing the recall. Didn’t tell me they reset it and when questioned they said they didn’t know what my pin was.. ever heard of a phone?

they are the dealer 1/2 mile from the mothership in Spirit Lake Iowa and have a revolving door for techs and other employees.

so much for trying to throw them a little business during the slowdown

Mark

·
Rider
879 Posts
No way the Local DirtBike Mechanics ever see my bike... Recall???? was it working OK?? No Codes??? Ride On...all they can do is Break it!!!!

BTW How are you putting your Hack Rig on a Lift???

·
Bronze member
2,715 Posts
$100 is only about an hour of labor at a dealership. Seems right. The PIN reset is strange...when you create a personal PIN, doesn’t the original PIN still work?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Well it’s been a while since I went to my purchase dealer but I had the recall to get done and I needed an oil change. My lift is out of service for a bit so I thought I would let them take care of it

They charged me 100 bucks for the labor as I had my own amsoil and a reusable stainless filter and reset my pin doing the recall. Didn’t tell me they reset it and when questioned they said they didn’t know what my pin was.. ever heard of a phone?

they are the dealer 1/2 mile from the mothership in Spirit Lake Iowa and have a revolving door for techs and other employees.

so much for trying to throw them a little business during the slowdown

Mark
I avoid stealerships at all costs. Like you, I try to do as much of my own work as possible. I don't know how to do everything, but what I can do I know is done correctly. Think I'd invest in getting that lift fixed ASAP.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks.. I got the floor cut in the storage unit and had New concrete poured so that the top of the lift is level with the floor.. I broke it in the other day by installing a new Barnett clutch cable and clutch arm. It was a pain in the ass but I sat on my stool and everything was eye level....

mark

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No way the Local DirtBike Mechanics ever see my bike... Recall???? was it working OK?? No Codes??? Ride On...all they can do is Break it!!!!

BTW How are you putting your Hack Rig on a Lift???
Hey, sorry for the delay.. I have a 1800lb floor lift but just bought a new storage bldg. I had the floor cut and new concrete poured so the lift is recessed and the top is level with the floor. Makes it super easy to ride on and to put the wife’s trike or mowers on with the extensions installed. When not in use I pull the wheel chock and I can drive over it like it’s not there

Mark

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Now I am told the first shift sensor cleaning recall has been expanded to replacing the sensor so they want me back in....

·
Rider
879 Posts
Is it working Now? What happens if that "sensor" fails? Can you live with That?
I have seen the Pics and Videos of that "cleaning" job I feel should I "need" it... I can do it..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts