Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,795 Posts
Great picture, it is a really neat town. I've been there before and it was pretty crowded!

·
Registered
330 Posts
One street over is Jerry Greer enterprises and he has an AMAZING collection of vintage Indian Motorcycles for sale and a huge restoration shop

·
Silver member
4,419 Posts
They really should let bikes park on main street. I didn't like that about Deadwood when I visited last summer!

Deadwood.jpg

·
Founding member / distinguished
4,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
One street over is Jerry Greer enterprises and he has an AMAZING collection of vintage Indian Motorcycles for sale and a huge restoration shop
Yep! Their shop is about two blocks south of my coffee shop hangout, 'The Pump House', on Sherman St. They almost always have an old Indian four parked at the curb in front of the shop.

·
4,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They really should let bikes park on main street. I didn't like that about Deadwood when I visited last summer!

View attachment 485102
Yes, the only vehicles that can park on Main are the service trucks that come in in the mornings for the businesses. We can stop our busses on Main at the bus/trolty stop in front of The Midnight Star (now closed, Kevin Costner shut it down about a year ago), but only long enough to unload or load passengers. Otherwise, there is no public parking on Deadwood's Main Street.

·
Rider
974 Posts
Yes, the only vehicles that can park on Main are the service trucks that come in in the mornings for the businesses. We can stop our busses on Main at the bus/trolty stop in front of The Midnight Star (now closed, Kevin Costner shut it down about a year ago),.
I actually ate there about 6 years ago....was pretty decent.

·
Bronze member
2,126 Posts
They did change the parking on street during rally and week before now you can at that time only

·
Registered
269 Posts
Sorry to hear the Midnight Star is gone. I have a great memory of a long Blackjack session in there one night a long time ago. I really wanna go back to Deadwood again. Wonder what the new Deadwood movie will be like.

·
4,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry to hear the Midnight Star is gone. I have a great memory of a long Blackjack session in there one night a long time ago. I really wanna go back to Deadwood again. Wonder what the new Deadwood movie will be like.
Mmmmmmmmm....I bet they shoot Hickok again.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Yep! Their shop is about two blocks south of my coffee shop hangout, 'The Pump House', on Sherman St. They almost always have an old Indian four parked at the curb in front of the shop.
I live in a small coastal town in Ca with a population of 6K. As I was leaving our only hardware store a man asked me if that was my Indian out front, I said yes and as we were talking for a full five minutes he told me that before he retired he made his living restoring old Indians. His name is Jerry Greer. So a month later my GF and I are on our RM in Washington D.C. planning our trip home when there is a hurricane in New Orleans so we have to take the trip home on the northern route. So we just decided to drive through Sturgis and then to Deadwood, and as we were going to our hotel we passed the 4cyl Indian which of course I turned around and after checking out the 4 Cyl Indian from every angle I turned around and saw the bike parked in front of Jerry Greer Enterprises. I'm still amazed that I live around the corner from a very famous man the restores old Indians and that I accidentally ran into his old shop

1 - 16 of 16 Posts