Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to Duane Hernley, of Hernley's Indian (you can always trust a guy named Duane), Indian anticipates they will have as many pre-orders as they were hoping to handle, and thus shut down the pre-order offer, some time the middle of this week.

Anyone else heard similar?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I asked the Indian rep at our demo day (only the sit on, look at, start it up day, not the ride it day) about preorders. He told (assured) me that the last day to place an order is September 30th. He also said there was no limit to the number of orders received, just the date. But who knows...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I asked the Indian rep at our demo day (only the sit on, look at, start it up day, not the ride it day) about preorders. He told (assured) me that the last day to place an order is September 30th. He also said there was no limit to the number of orders received, just the date. But who knows...

The indian rep I spoke to said they are going to take a max of 2015 scout pre orders
i just wish everyone would get in the same page at polaris!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Here's one more version of the number of Scout pre-orders being taken: my salesman tells me Indian is only taking 1901 pre-orders. You have to wonder..... I think Zap74 is right, it would be good if Polaris would communicate with all its people and get everyone on the same page, not on just this issue (which is not a big thing), but on all other things dealers are telling customers as well.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Agree on all of the above. In fact, I specifically asked the rep if Indian was only going to accept 1901 preorders. He laughed and said, no, there is no limit.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My 2 cents worth is that they (and you know who they are) are encouraging short run number talk chatter etc as another like me will plunk down that $500 to be sure and get in the pre-order line, delicious talk that helps get us pre-plunkers out to December so I can go vroom vroom on that seat till next spring...... :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I ordered one Saturday. I was told the date was originally 9/30, but moved up to 9/21, again due to unexpected pre-order volume. All bikes must be delivered by 12/31, so there has to be a limit to how many they can build and deliver by that time.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Hi all,,,,yeah know, for me this is starting to be fun....I haven't been this excited, anticipating December, in a long time. All the hoop la and speculation, feel like a kid who got a sneak view of
The mini bike in the barn that has his name on it...lol.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi all,,,,yeah know, for me this is starting to be fun....I haven't been this excited, anticipating December, in a long time. All the hoop la and speculation, feel like a kid who got a sneak view of
The mini bike in the barn that has his name on it...lol.

Anyone nr want to start a running bet on the first delivery?
we could put a prize on it!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
end of pre-orders has been shortened by a week..now the 23 of this month,,, due to better than expected demand.
This according to the trailer driver/spokesman of Indian Scout Trailer at Greer S.C. show and tell Today !!
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
82 Posts
I asked my dealer at demo day last week, and he said he was told First Run would definitely be sold out before end of September.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Just got this email from my dealer... looks like tomorrow is the day!

The Scout's First Run is coming to an end. They have moved up the deadline to reserve your 2015 Indian Scout from September 30th to TOMORROW(September 19th). Reserve your Scout online or in person at our Dealership by the end of the day Friday September 19th. A $500 deposit locks in the limited time offer of a 5 year warranty and special owner's kit!

Don't miss out on this opportunity!!! Call 518-371-2087 with any questions.

·
Founding member
1,021 Posts
I heard the same thing, tomorrow is the last day to get one of the 1901 pre-orders. We'll know soon. The 'announcement' is coming. :)

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
Got an Email from Indian saying to put a deposit down before Sept 23rd to Confirm my Reservation for the Scout .. Went to the Dealer yesterday and they tried to talk me into a New 2015 Red Chieftain .. Said Give me until Monday and will go one way or the other .. Leaning towards the Scout as Did a lot of work to my 2012 Victory XC making it the way I like and would have to trade it in if go for the Chieftain ..

·
Registered
468 Posts
I would love to have been able to drop a deposit on the 1st run bike. Sigh... At least I got to witness you all that did, do so.

Some day I will get to say.... Grandson... I can remember when the Iron Indians came back to life. I'm pretty sure he loves motorcycles. He's only 6 years old, now.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I would love to have been able to drop a deposit on the 1st run bike. Sigh... At least I got to witness you all that did, do so.

Some day I will get to say.... Grandson... I can remember when the Iron Indians came back to life. I'm pretty sure he loves motorcycles. He's only 6 years old, now.
I can relate Twinhit. I nearly didn't drop my deposit due to other financial constraints. Fortunately I found a way to make it work. My "Short One" has already laid "dibs" on the Scout after I spring for my Chief Vintage. By that time Shorty will have gone through the BMC, gotten a license, and we'll be able to cruise the twisties together. Shorty's gonna have to lay down some serious cash to take full possession of the Scout ... Just sayin' ;)

·
Registered
105 Posts
They shortened the order timeframe and the Erie, PA Indian dealer's Factory Truck is coming next Friday the 26-27th....dang...I might get a chance to sit on one but not preorder....oh well I'm going back to bed...can't face the day now

·
Registered
558 Posts
I noticed Friday Evening the talk of the commemorative kit and 5 year warranty had disappeared from the Indian website. I hope those who haven't ordered are still able to get the extra's from the demo trucks and test ride events. The 5 year warranty was a great incentive for me.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts