Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went out to the garage tonight, feeling giddy as I took my bike cover off, and smiling in anticipation of the ride I was about to enjoy. Pushed the starter switch..and nothing. Huh? Tried a couple more times, then checked the voltage reading on the display and 9 volts is all that was showing. I have 1500 miles on my bike, purchased less than 2 months ago, so quite the surprise. It has only been 10-12 days since I last rode, so very surprised a battery cannot make it that long without dropping that much voltage. Pulled the battery out and slow charging, so will see what happens. I previously rode a 2016 Dark Horse before buying this Challenger and always had my battery tender plugged in when not riding. For some reason, I have not used the tender on the new bike, but apparently I need to go back to my old maintenance habits. YUASA is a good battery, so don't think I can blame them. Just thought I would share, as I have seen a few posts about Challenger batteries going dead!

UPDATE: The battery charged completely, and after 24 hours off the tender, the resting voltage was holding above 12.7v. Reinstalled and checked voltage again after 12 hours in the bike and it was holding at 12.4v (gauge display reads 12.2). Bike ran no problem and after checking voltage again the next morning, battery was reading at 12.4v again. The gauge display seems to normally read 12.2 when initially activating the electronics. Bottom line, batter tender is connected and will be a normal part of my preventive maintenance again.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Tinjunjn had to replace his battery, he got his bike back in November. His post
Update. Service manager called today and said the battery was defective. They had charged it up more than once but it tested bad after sitting over the weekend. New battery installed(no charge). All diagnostics done. No parasitic draw. The bike is unpowered after 20 seconds. Battery voltage stable. The bike does pull about 1 volt on power up. This appears normal for these bikes. Example: 13.3v to 12.4v.
Looks like two bad batteries in 7 months of ownership. Real pleased with how my dealer responded. I have two great dealers within 2 hours. One is less than an hour away. Dealers are swamped with service right now. Thankful that they moved me to the front of the list to fix my problem.

One day went to start my bike and got this code "C2369" Data Valid but Below Normal Operating Range. I googled it and found on a Victory forum to put bike on the battery tender. I did it for a couple of hours and she started right up. Went to the dealer and he couldn't find anything other than headlight fault. I put in an Eagle headlight. So far so good no problems, dealer also said errors we get they don't always show on their end

1 - 3 of 3 Posts